A clickable version of this map can be found here.
Beyond the crowded Inner Sphere, the old and vastly powerful Main Centers, and the vibrant and often densely populated Provincial Centers, with their ordered civilization, their megastructures, and their benign Sephirotic transapientech autotopias, is a vast hinter-region of billions of solar systems and tens of billions of cubic light years of space, where the reach of the AI Gods is not as pronounced, the memetics are not as black and white, the angelnets not as ubiquitous, and the security not as pronounced. Nevertheless, the consolidated regions here, which are many and vast, are as safe as anywhere in the Sephirotic dominions. These hinteregions are technically included in the Sephirotic empires, and are often served by wormhole gates (albeit fewer in number, and of lower gauge). They can call upon help when in trouble, and consider themselves part of the civilized galaxy. They are also home to an astonishing diversity of polities, clades, cultures, and civilizations, many of which have only nominal allegiance to the archailect empires.
However, there are also huge areas and expanses here, away from the regional centers and polities and well-travelled nexus links, that aren't as safe; ahuman polities, no-go zones, blights, wildernesses populated by bizarre clades, or dominated by prowling autowars or old replicating swarms that no one has gotten around to cleaning up. Social, memetic, and unusual sophont experiments and free zones flower briefly, though very few survive long without higher toposophic protection. Idealists may settle here and set up utopias, and criminals and pirates may establish their dens. Yet somehow, low toposophic ecologies and civilizations do survive, like hardy weeds that, even when killed off, come back time and again. Hardy Bionano-Synanotech borgs, fast growing hybrid biohylonano-symbiotic orwoods, nanecologies supporting alifes and highly derived tweaks as alien as any xenosophont. Strange gods emerge from hyperturings, postbionts, postvecs, postalifes and postaliens, breaching toposophic barriers to establish new civilizations and empires. Some of these fail, but some do very well, eventually becoming major powers and participants in the galactic civilization as a whole.
Provincial Capitals and Regional Centers grow rich encouraging trade, and Relativistic Traders make a prosperous career out of exchanging goods and computronium-encoded data, with these diverse civilizations and clades, bringing back wonders to the Inner Sphere and the Main Centers and driving the newest funky fad from the NoCoZo mediacorps, inspiring the latest philosophy among the Negentropist librarians and historians, the most current self-actualisation from the Solarian Clades of Cool, the most interesting syncretic paths to enlightenment in the Sophic League... then the fad is assimilated into the infinite richness that is Sephirotic culture, years and decades pass, and it is a new exotic empire or clade that brings novelty and challenges the modosophont inhabitant of the Main centers to see life differently.
All the while, linelayer ships are establishing new wormhole links, especially with the more profitable or interesting systems. The vibrant throb of the galaxy floods the little star system so connected, any local blights and replicating swarms cleaned up, predatory autowars are discouraged, and the new system becomes part of the civilized galaxy, sometimes with only nominal allegiance (or only at first nominal), and sometimes embracing Sephirotic ideologies with all the enthusiasm of a new convert. Eventually some of these newly assimilated worlds and polities and megastructures may become new regional centers, and even provincial capitals.
In this way, galactic civilization grows and spreads, and those who want freedom are forced to retreat once more from the unstoppable tide, to go further out to the Outer Volumes or Periphery, and seek to establish a new home there.
- 'Å' (world) - Text by Steve Bowers
Cerean class dwarf planet 269 ly from Sol.
- 43 Ordinatus III - Text by Anders Sandberg and M. Alan Kazlev
Garden world, Serpens sector of the Outer Volumes, home to a low-tech xenophobic Human and Ultimate civilization called the Reclaimers.
- Abbas - Text by Steve Bowers
A lifeless supergaian terraformed and inhabited by clades tolerant of high gravity.
- Abydos (Cor Caroli) - Text by Anders Sandberg
The highly magnetic A-Class star Abydos is a useful source of magnetic energy.
- Akasha - Text by M. Alan Kazlev
Important system in the Pleiades volume, founded by Nuage tweaks.
- Albireo - Text by M. Alan Kazlev
(Beta Cygni) Double star in the Cygnus Inner Quadrant, developed by a number of superbright and po clades.
- Albireo Plexus - Text by M. Alan Kazlev
Volume of space of 500,000 cubic light years, approximately centered on Albireo. Fairly densely populated and well settled region, including a number of important cultural and economic worlds.
- Aleph Absolute - Text by M. Alan Kazlev
Collinder 359: Young open cluster in the Keter Dominion, site of the largest archailect concentration in known space.
- Alexandria (Tichy 44-III) - Text by Anders Sandberg
Middle Regions world known for its vast libraries and archives, and the unusual co-operative Alexandrian ecosystem. Part of the Negentropy Alliance.
- Algol (Beta Persei) - Text by M. Alan Kazlev and Steve Bowers
Triple star system in the constellation Perseus: part of the NoCoZo and headquarters of the Algol Broadcasting Foundation.
- Apogee Maximal - Text by Todd Drashner
Brown dwarf orbiting approximately 1120 light years directly galactic North of the Sol system and thus just outside the main plain of the galactic disk. The world is orbited by 14 moons including 6 similar in mass and composition to the Jovian Galilean satellites.
- Aquila Rift, The - Text by Steve Bowers
A series of dark, dusty nebulae in the Orion Arm
- Ararat - Text by D. David Barbeau
One of the three Capitals of the Sophic League, the other two being Sacred Heart and New Taylor. Terraformed by a long vanished alien race to almost perfect human standards.
- Archsaur, The Giant Ring of the - Text by Marcel Lossi
A very large ringworld orbiting a bright, partially disassembled star.
- Arkab Prior A - Text by Steve Bowers
Negentropy Alliance system with a dense Dyson Swarm. Part of a binary system with Arkab Prior B.
- Arkab Prior B - The Necklace - Text by Steve Bowers
MPA system with hundreds of Bishop Ring Habitats. Part of a binary system with Arkab Prior A.
- Avanola - Text by Alex Mulvey
Independent Middle Regions system with no significant planets
- Barboro - Text by M. Alan Kazlev
BD -16°6046; one of first Keterist systems to be established.
- Beaual - Text by M. Alan Kazlev
Independent, important House Stevens Middle Regions system, former Sagittarius Sphere.
- Beta Arae - Text by M. Alan Kazlev and Steve Bowers
Star at the core of the Utopia Sphere.
- Betelgeuse - Text by M. Alan Kazlev
Alpha Orionis, the capital of the Betelgeuse volume, a reddish supergiant star, 660 light-years from Sol.
- Betelgeuse Volume - Text by M. Alan Kazlev
Irregular volume of space of about 75 LY at its widest, centered on the red supergiant Betelgeuse.
- Big Ben's World - Text by ROM 65536
Artificial planet around an O-Type star.
- Big Bob - Text by Steve Bowers
A superjovian gas giant orbiting YTS 785634.09 in Puppis, where the primitive lifeforms called Angel Hair have evolved.
- Bizarro World - Text by Michael Miller
Artificial antimatter planet in deep space.
- Blefuscu - Text by Steve Bowers
Superterrestrial world with a population of minaturised humans.
- Blue Star Dysons - Text by Steve Bowers
Dyson Swarms constructed by the New Beneficence in MPA space
- Bonfire System, The - Text by Mike Miller
Middle Regions MPA world, a Transapient-arbitrated cyberdemocracy
- Bothyga M'Vau - Text by Anders Sandberg
World with highly developed machine-ecology.
- Braciola - Text by A Pork Chop
Middle Regions world with an ecological consciousness.
- Calyx - Text by Steve Bowers, with suggestions by Michael Zimmet
World with a culture of song and flight
- Chi Bootis - Text by M. Alan Kazlev
Home of the Free Eschatology and Cosmology Institute. Commonly known as Chibootis or Kybutes.
- Chorus - Text by Stephen Inniss
Homeworld of the xenosophont provolves the Jade Chime Singers.
- Chronos Cluster, The - Text by Håkan Andersson
Middle Regions Cluster near Cygexpa Space, where the xenosophont Daharrans were discovered, with unfortunate results
- Coal Sack Nebula - Text by Steve Bowers
Prominent dark nebula in Crux
- Cooperative Venture, The - Text by Anders Sandberg and M. Alan Kazlev
An interstellar cooperation between the Serpens Region civilisations in mainly archaeology, trying to understand some relics from lost alien civilisations, especially the Dawn Hunters and the Black Acropolis. Other areas are protocols for information and entity transfer, conflict resolution and geography. Main planet Avensis, 545 Manus in the classic Skiiws'nnii astronomy.
- Cumulous - Text by Todd Drashner
Saturn like jovian notable for its floating balloon cities.
- Cygnus Volume - Text by M. Alan Kazlev
Volume of space encompassing the constellation Cygnus as seen from SolSys; formerly incorporated into House Cygexba.
- Dilmun - Text by TSSL
Metasoft Baseline Reserve world in Gemini.
- Disarchy - Text by Anders Sandberg
Influential polity in the Crucis Corridor, on the frontier between the Negentropy Alliance and the NoCoZo.
- Djed - Text by Todd Drashner
Eta Sagittarii - Mutual Progress Association capital. Known for its rotovators.
- Druidworld - Text by Jorge Ditchkenberg
Historical recreation world with massive megalithic monuments
- Drummon Duran - Text by M. Alan Kazlev
An important regional Negentropist system in the Centauri Sector. Overrun during the Version War but recovered. Later captured by the Paradigm and converted to a major industrial centre. Since recaptured and rebuilt. Known for its war museum and memorial, and for a thriving trade in war artefacts.
- Dschubba - Text by Steve Bowers
Dschubba : quadruple star system in Scorpio
- Duxed - Text by Everything4404
Garden World, a moon with an extreme tidal range.
- Earthland - Text by Steve Bowers
Important Metasoft colony and baseline reserve planet.
- Eganfodugbe - Text by Stephen Inniss
Feral botworld evolved from autonomous bubblehabs.
- Epsilon Aurigae - Text by Steve Bowers
Fo supergiant 2037 ly from Sol
- Eutopia - Text by Liam Jones
HIP 85986 in the Utopia Sphere
- Evermore - Text by Chris Shaeffer
Megastructure habitat consisting of multiple cylinders, on the edge of Disarchy space.
- Fiarro Twin Worlds, The - Text by Steve Bowers, Michael Jones and Mark Ryherd
Twin terrestrial worlds in Vela.
- Fornius Tup'arrah - Text by Charles Mosteller
Planet in the Queenus Nine system notable for its population of a clade of baseline hu quasi-hybrid vampires known as the Tan'gg DruU.
- Fran Prime - Text by M. Alan Kazlev
YTS 5072-0540192. A resource poor system in the inner Vulpecula quadrant of what is now MPA space, about 715 LY from Sol, home-system of the Fran.
- Freedonia - Text by Steve Bowers
Contact binary system in Antlia
- FuMa - Text by Steve Bowers
Ocean world, former Conver Ambi territory
- Galbydeia Torus - Text by Anders Sandberg
Mutual Progress Association space-time engineering project.
- Galrecon - Text by Steve Bowers
Type I Shellworld badly damaged in Version War.
- Gamma Velorum (Regor) - Text by Steve Bowers
A NoCoZo survey mission to this star arrived too late to prevent a supernova.
- Gargamadua Stripworld - Text by Steve Bowers
- Gearhead - Text by Mike Miller
Young, dusty system with abundant resources, inhabited by the Gearhead Vecs
- Ghane III - Text by Anders Sandberg
Gaian Type world originally of Hyl Op culture, now Solar Dominion
- Gillbank - Text by M. Alan Kazlev and Steve Bowers
Crucis Corridor Negentropist world subverted by the Neutral Way, declared itself the Disarchy Alliance, led by the Postscripts of Randomness, as a deliberate parody of Negentropism.
- Gomeisa - Text by Steve Bowers
Former Conver Ambi regional hub
- Grand Confluence, The - Text by Anders Sandberg
Multi-clade civilisation in the Sparks, an open cluster (IC 4756) in the Serpens region
- Great Rift, Great River - Text by M. Alan Kazlev
Series of dark, obscuring dust clouds in the Milky Way Galaxy. As seen from the Inner Sphere, These clouds stretch from the constellation Sagittarius to the constellation Cygnus.
- Grignard - Text by Steve Bowers
World in Puppis where the copygroup lifestyle has been particularly successful
- Gripler - Text by Steve Bowers
Dominion World - location of the Signal Lamp Incident.
- Guanche - a Lost Colony - Text by Steve Bowers
Colony in the Cygnus Expansion which was lost when that empire dissolved and regressed to Bronze Age technology
- Gum Nebula - Text by Steve Bowers
Very large, diffuse Middle Regions Nebula
- H'tat'sa'thoss (JD 870135) - Text by Dangerous Safety, The Astronomer, QuantumJack1
The system containing Tohul, home system of the To'ul'hs
- Harmonic-Resonance - Text by Todd Drashner
Double planet in the Sophic League Middle Regions terraformed by Edenese superiors in 2805.
- Harren, The - Text by Ryan B
Heavily tweaked, ultratech, amphibious microgravity clade from Pakorda, a system on the MPA/Keter border.
- Heartland - Text by M. Alan Kazlev
Capital of the Communion of Worlds.
- Henson - Text by Steve Bowers
Panthalassic waterworld containing extensive water-cooled cybercosm
- Hightower - Text by Todd Drashner
Primary world within the Deeper Covenant Realm. A gas-giant world with megascale dynamically supported towers.
- Himmelsschmiede - Text by Martin Andreas Cieslik
Heavy industrialized system in MPA space - One of the largest Deep Well industrialized Zones that ever existed in the terragen sphere.
- Hoopworld - Text by Steve Bowers
Torus shaped metastable artificial solid planet.
- Horsehead Nebula - Text by Steve Bowers
Dark Nebula in Orion
- Huan Gao - Text by Steve Bowers
Smoke Ring (Niven Cloud) in the Utopia Sphere
- Hubble's Variable Nebula - Text by M. Alan Kazlev, amended by Steve Bowers
Variable Nebula: 2.5 Kly from Sol - site of important Metasoft Second Vec War victory over superior biont forces.
- Huycau - Sitr'achra - Text by Radtech497
Binary System with unusual xenosophonts.
- Hypatia - Text by Steve Bowers
Important Clade Parthene world.
- Hyxuym - Text by Steve Bowers
Deep-space planet with Hider colony
- Incorp - Text by M. Alan Kazlev and Steve Bowers
Important Metasoft colony, located on a large moon of a gas giant.
- Jensan - Text by M. Alan Kazlev
Sophic League world, one of the centers of the Artists of Gleia
- Jirayaka (Garden World) - Text by The Astronomer, dangerous_safety
Life-bearing water world with partially frozen seafloor
- Junna - Text by M. Alan Kazlev
Minor Negentropy Alliance world. During the period from 3267 to 3421 was center for the Institute of Baseline Psychotypology. Suffered during the Version War and became an MPA garrison. Since the age of separative empires the locals have drifted increasingly towards Zoeticism
- Kath - Text by Todd Drashner
Hinteregions system near the 'southern' or 'bottom' edge of the galactic disk, site of the Aroosta space ring where the newly provolved Aroostai were seeded by the SI:2 hyperturing Wan-Toh-Si in 4416.
- Kdregra - Text by Steve Bowers
Zoeific Biopolity world with a single BioGeo Mind.
- Kulshedra - Text by Steve Bowers
A Dragon World.
- Lambda Scintilla - Text by M. Alan Kazlev
Asteroid and volatile-rich system in Sparks Cluster (IC 4756)
- Lasyuka - Text by Liam Jones
Lasyuka Central: a partial dyson sphere composed of three mutually orthogonal structures called superrings, labelled Alpha, Beta and Gamma.
- Lightstorm, The - Text by Marcus RauchfuÃŸ
Megastructure orbiting the interstellar gas giant CG49-H-27HHN in the Horsehead Nebula, that uses nanotech to create the effect of a gigantic movie screen.
- Locus - Text by Steve Bowers
Ikarian/Vesperian terrestrial (Eccentric tidally locked world).
- Macrystis (Garden World) - Text by Steve Bowers
Garden World in Cameleopardus, Solar Dominion
- Magal Worldrings, the - Text by AI Vin and Steve Bowers
Also known as The Ring of Ages. A collection of Worldrings that depict many different eras in the history of Old Earth.
- Manyanga - Text by M. Alan Kazlev
A panthalassic planet in an important NoCoZo system.
- Maynard's Folly - Text by Chris Shaeffer, with additions by Radtech497
A world devastated by the accidental impact of a relativistic ship
- Mazukata's Holiday - Text by John Snead
Mazukata's Holiday is well-known for the flying clades the Virds and Vats, and for the intriguing structures on the nearby world Greymalkin.
- Medius - Text by James Ramsey
Densely developed, highly industrial MPA system.
- Megasov System, The - Text by M. Alan Kazlev
Utopian, quasi-communistic system.
- Mensan Way, The - Text by Extherian
Minor polity with a population consisting only of high transapients
- Messier 67 - Text by Steve Bowers
Large, old cluster in Cancer, 2940 ly from Sol, including several naturally evolved garden worlds
- Metasoft Baseline Reserves - Text by Steve Bowers
Worlds protected by the Metasoft Version Tree, holding unmodified human populations, including Dilmun, Earthland, Heimat, Jafalgia, Niuearth, and Wurm.
- Metropolis Ring City - Text by ProxCenBound
Sometimes known as Urban Cloudscapes City, or simply The City, a ten million km diameter Banks Orbital entirely covered in urban habitat.
- Miracle City - Text by Anders Sandberg
A planet/megastructure constructed by a former xenosophont civilization that is encrusted with fractal buildings that extend far into orbit.
- Morogai (also called Ho'th'lhu'ooht) - Text by Anders Sandberg
Planet where in 5840 AT the statesbeing and power Ho'th'hss'to'luh underwent ascension to at least second singularity level, possibly more. The computronium conglomerate housing the post-To'u'lh association has become known as Ho'th'hss'lho University, an important nexus of post-To'u'lh and posthuman education in the middle region MPA.
- Morrow and Griqua - Text by Steve Bowers
Plague-stricken habitats in the inner Middle Regions
- Mykropht III - Text by M. Alan Kazlev
A life-bearing world with a naturally-occurring radiation-tolerant ecology.
- Naos - Text by Anders Sandberg
O class supergiant in the far outskirts of NoCoZo, colonized in the 7680's by a bizarre corporate-religious clade calling itself the UV Consciousness.
- Narrenschiff, The - Text by Steve Bowers
Former spacecraft, now converted into an extensive habitat.
- Neli-Neti - Text by Steve Bowers
Twin planets in Musca.
- New Dumont - Text by Darren Ryding
Cool world colonised by Siberoos, Megasibers and nearbaseline humans.
- New Magnitogorsk - Text by Steve Bowers
System with highly magnetic gas giant
- New Zaire - Text by Kirran Lochhead Strang
World of the African Diaspora.
- Newhope - Text by M. Alan Kazlev
One of the oldest wildsap/wildhu preserve in Terragen space.
- Oh-F-Star-4 - Text by M. Alan Kazlev
In NGC 3247, the capital of the Carina rush. Contains a wormhole of alien origin three thousand light years long.
- Oia (Here) - Text by Steve Bowers
Oia, a predominantly cyborg world at the edge of Sophic League space.
- Orion Nebula - Text by M. Alan Kazlev
Vast nebula located some 1340 LY from Sol, part of Orion Federation.
- Oro Mistral - Text by D. David Barbeau
Utopia Sphere whale and dolphin world.
- Orobon - Text by Steve Bowers
Xenoterraformed world orbiting a white dwarf; a part of the so-called Garden of Paradise Cluster.
- Orwell (Garden World) - Text by Anders Sandberg
Capital System of the Chronos Cluster.
- Osiris - Text by Steve Bowers
HD 209458b Hot evaporating EpiStellar Jovian world.
- Owen (System) - Text by PortalHunter
System containing Owen, the homeland of a number of species of Dinosaur provolves.
- Ozymandias (world) - Text by Steve Bowers
Vela Sector - NoCoZo. Capital world of the Genen gas-giant extremophile superfamily the Premacy.
- Panthalassa - Text by Steve Bowers
Waterworld in the Zoeific Biopolity.
- Pardes - Text by M. Alan Kazlev and Steve Bowers
HD 190605 I, the former Cygexpa capital. A pleasant earth-like world 145 light years from Sol.
- Pen-y-Ghent System - Text by Steve Bowers
Mutual Progress Association middle regions system; includes the Ribblehead Societeum World.
- Perdix - Text by Steve Bowers
Terraformed terrestrial world in an eccentric orbit.
- Pereira - Text by Anders Sandberg and M. Alan Kazlev
Cygnus Sector, Outer Volumes, system, former capital of the Biovirate, conquered by the Keter Dominion following the Keterist-Biovirate war, attacked and sterilised by rogue bio-Autowars, currently lightly populated by a number of disparate clades.
- Perihelion (world) - Text by Todd Drashner
Mercurian Solar Dominion world with a highly developed evolved mechosystem.
- Perileia 76 - Text by M. Alan Kazlev
Middle Regions solar system, originally claimed by the Taurus Nexus, visited by Gorg as part of a a long-range relativist colonization venture. Captured by the Dominion following the breakup of the Nexus, in turn captured by Metasoft drones during the Version War, currently a Metasoft system. There is a monument and museum dedicated to the tragic story of Kibfrey and Gorg, and the system is part of the Kibfrey and Gorg Pilgrimage circuit.
- Polaris - Text by Steve Bowers
Delta Cepheid-type star in the Solar Dominion.
- Potato (Asteroid Habitat) - Text by Mike Miller
An asteroid habitat in the Bonfire System
- Procyon Extension, The - Text by M. Alan Kazlev
Diamond Network empire.
- Purcell - Text by Steve Bowers
Type 2 shellworld inside a Neptune-type planet
- Realm, The - Text by Todd Drashner
Major Deeper Covenant civilization cluster located about 750 light-years to rimward of Sol. The Realm constitutes one of the largest centers of Deeper civilization in the Civilized Galaxy.
- Relief - Text by ProxCenBound
NoCoZo system in which there there are effectively no crimes if one can pay. There are five main habitats; two cater to the extreme pleasure market and three to hunting and aggression.
- Remnant, The - Text by Rhea 47
A failed early Terragen colony, now home to an ecosystem of sub-turing bots
- Rengood - Text by Steve Bowers
Cyberian World in Aquila - attacked in the early stages of the Version War
- Reserve, The - Text by Anders Sandberg and M. Alan Kazlev
Volume of space centered around a group of stars apparently involved in an old transcendent civilisation. The volume stretches in a rough tetrahedron from the red dwarf 594-456111, the sun-like stars Alpha and Eta Filiae and the wisp of dark cloud locally called the Mouthpiece. It has numerous terraformed planets teeming with life, but is aggressively protected by both local nanosystems and several Caretaker Gods. What lies inside is unknown.
- Ribblehead - Text by Steve Bowers
In the MPA hinteregions, the third planet in the Pen-y-ghent system, home to 500 distinct low tech nation-clades.
- Roughball War, The - Text by Adam K Black
Conflict in the Biowar volume.
- Rudolph - Text by Ernst Stavro Blofeld
System of worlds catering to the combat-fetishism market.
- Rungworld - Text by Steve Bowers
Site of an early Oracle-related conflict. The Rungworld includes several hundred 10,000 km McKendree Cylinders linked together in a ladder-like ring.
- Sacred Heart - Text by D. David Barbeau
Joint capital world of the Sophic League.
- Sadalmelik - Text by Steve Bowers
Alpha Aquarii; Rianth orbitals and rings.
- Sakvabak, SÃ¶kvabÃ¤ck - Text by Steve Bowers, after the original by M. Alan Kazlev
Important NoCoZo system.
- Salaam - Text by M. Alan Kazlev
A member world of the Refugium Federation, known for the two century long biont-AI war (the so-called "200 years war").
- Samael - Text by Radtech497
Planet with unusual metallo-organic xenosophonts.
- Sand (world) - Text by James Ramsey
Desert colony world with a utility-sand based protective intelligence.
- Satyaloka (Nu Puppis) - Text by M. Alan Kazlev
(Nu Puppis) High toposophic capital of the Sophic League.
- Serpens Region - Text by Anders Sandberg
The vast volumes beyond NGC 6633 and IC4756 in the Serpens Cauda direction is sometimes called the Serpens Frontier. Although the Mutual Progress Alliance expanded into this volume many millennia ago, it has not been systematically explored or settled.
- Silenus - Text by Steve Bowers
Solar Dominion colony world with a large axial tilt.
- Simurgh (Garden World) - Text by Steve Bowers
Superterrestrial Garden World.
- Sisyphos - Text by Steve Bowers
Chthonian type world; joint NoCoZo and Metasoft sovereignty.
- Skiiws'nnii, Sk¡iiws'nnii - Text by Anders Sandberg and M. Alan Kazlev
A prosperous alien-human-dolphin hybrid civilisation in the Serpens sector.
- Solaris - Text by Steve Bowers
Carbon world surrounded by a low-gravity megastructure known as a Ribbonworld.
- Spinel - Text by Madine
(Gamma Tigris III) Communion of Worlds suprashell
- Stanislaw - Text by Stephen Inniss
Also known as Lem's Enigma, or Niezwyciezony, this is the most highly developed known botworld, and the best candidate for an entire bot mechosystem that is not of Terragen origin.
- Stevocations (Kepler-62) - Text by Dangerous Safety
Caretaker/former Cygexpa system in Lyra
- Sullivan - Text by M. Alan Kazlev
Solar Dominion middle regions system, Sullivan, which was colonized by formerly MPA clades in 5690. Home to Clade Temverson and the Hymana orbital habitats.
- Sunhugger Dyson Sphere, The - Text by Darren Ryding
Hypernode structures around the star YTS 44429-10-11-9
- Sy - Text by Anders Sandberg, additional material by Steve Bowers
Intermediary system in the outer Veil region. Regional wormhole waypoint, a link between Nova Schiaparelli and Orwell, as well a several other worlds. Wormhole links to Pardes, and elsewhere. Administrative troubles tend to cause hold-ups for travellers.
- Taln - Text by Ryan B
History of the Taln biosphere protectorate
- Tanaka Cluster - Text by Anders Sandberg, M. Alan Kazlev and Steve Bowers
During the post-ComEmp period a prosperous Middle Regions non-aligned assembly of worlds. In 9545 the AI ruling the Tanaka Cluster apparently decided to end its existence, and killed all life and technology down to the viral/bit level. Over a hundred planets remained apparently untouched but lifeless.
- Tangaroa - Text by Steve Bowers
Artificial water-only planet.
- Tannhauser - Text by Updated by The Astronomer and Dangerous Safety 2020
A world of the Utopia sphere, known as the home of Walking Mountain phyto-provolves.
- Tao Li - Text by M. Alan Kazlev
Important NoCoZo system.
- Tartarus - Text by Darren Ryding
Home of the Black Tower, a 16km arcology built in the early years of colonisation.
- Tem Kemper - Text by Todd Drashner
Middle Regions world terraformed by a consortium of cyber, bio and nanoborg clades with the intent of creating a naturally evolved and evolving bio-cybernetic ecosystem.
- Tengri - (Kepler-9) - Text by Steve Bowers
System shared between the Panvirtuality and Cygexpa, with an abandoned Panvirt fleet
- Thasaiya - Text by Jorge Ditchkenberg and M. Alan Kazlev
Unassuming non-aligned low middle regions world,settled in the early post-ComEmp period, and for a while home to a flourishing local culture. About 1200 years ago the local ai, for reasons known only to itself, prohibited swearing and imposed serious consequences on beings doing so. As a result, within a decade most of the citizens emigrated, and now Thasaiya is inhabited by a little more than a monastery of Reformed Tolerikerian Church.
- Theta Vinculum - Text by M. Alan Kazlev
Orange giant in the Serpens sector. Center of nanotech foghood civilisation known as The Clouds.
- Tien-schu - Text by Steve Bowers
System which is host to several species of provolved mouse
- Tohul (To'ul'h Homeworld) - Text by Stephen Inniss
The homeworld of the To'ul'h species. It is a hot gardenworld of the Tohulian type. It has long been under the rule of a Caretakerist transapient O'hoth'so'toh 'Smoking Mirror'.
- Topia - Text by M. Alan Kazlev
The first of the Beta Arae worlds that became the Utopia Sphere, colonized and terraformed by Clade Columbia-Bartlebel and their AI.
- Torus World, The - Text by Vaktus
Artificial metastable donut-shaped world created by the transapient Conspersio
- Trees (Garden World) - Text by Anders Sandberg
A self-sufficient Garden World with a spectacular vertical ecosystem; the planet is named after the gigantic trees that grow there.
- Tunh Xenohole, The - Text by Anders Sandberg, with comments by Steve Bowers.
System with an alien Wormhole.
- Tylansia - Text by Darren Ryding
A relatively small independent baseline planetary colony in the Hinteregions, near the borders of the Keter Dominion and the Archosaurian Empire.
- Ulaf Sector, Ula Culture - Text by M. Alan Kazlev
A highly eccentric portion of the Middle Regions where rule by aristocratic Houses of humans is the norm.
- Uppalavanna Complex, The - Text by Steve Bowers
A Keterist system which includes numerous Ascension Mazes.
- Upsilon Xiphias I - Text by Anders Sandberg and M. Alan Kazlev
Star HIP 87740
World in the Serpens sector inhabited by a decadent and evolutionarily static heteromorph tweak clade, the Old Fogeys, who are served by turingrade vecs. The Old Fogeys are likely left from one of the Inner Sphere systems during the Age of Expansion, but records that might confirm this have been lost.
- Vela Immunity - Text by Anders Sandberg
Site of a relatively recent Technocalypse somewhat resembling the one in Solsys on Old Earth.
- Vela Supernova Remnant - Text by M. Alan Kazlev
Supernova remnant some 800 light years from Sol. This nebula is the remnant of a supernova that exploded about 10,000 years BT (8,000 years b.c.e.).
- Verifex Nebula - Text by Steve Bowers
Formerly the Open Cluster M50 in Monoceros, 3200 ly from Sol, This nebula was formed when 154 artificial Supernovae were detonated almost simultaneously in 7981 a.t..
- Vriin - Text by Todd Drashner
A world in the Middle regions, famed for its beautiful Sky Islands.
- Walloo and the Bellerophon Archipelago - Text by Steve Bowers
Pegasus Prefecture - Solar Dominion. Partially terraformed world abandoned after Version War
- Wurm - Text by Steve Bowers
Palaeolithic Metasoft baseline preserve world
- Xanthippe and Kate - Text by Steve Bowers
First worlds discovered with Thiogen lifeforms
- Yangko - Text by Steve Bowers
Penglaiese heritage world.
- Yoruba - Text by Steve Bowers
Terraformed world with relics of an earlier colonisation by ahuman AI.
- Ys, The Ocean of - Text by Liam Jones
Artificial circumstellar ocean world.
- Zennor System - Text by Steve Bowers
Several icy moons of gas giants in this system have been heated to create ocean-worlds or water-worlds.
- Zeta Legati - Text by Anders Sandberg and M. Alan Kazlev
Home to a nanotech upload civilization, the Eternalists, in the Serpens sector of the Outer Volumes.
- Zikhron - Text by Steve Bowers
Originally a Jewish colony, now culturally diverse.