Image from Wyrmshadow
- Alcor and Mizar - Text by Steve Bowers
These two star systems in the Plough are an important point of contact between the Solar Dominion and the Solipsist Panvirtuality.
- M'Buto (Gliese 454) - Text by M. Alan Kazlev
Inner Sphere system, home of a number of diverse clades. Joined the Virginis Combine, later became part of the Conver Ambi, in turn annexed and assimilated by the Solar Dominion. Broke free after the Version War to become a joint Metasoft-NoCoZo administered system.
- Macrystis (Garden World) - Text by Steve Bowers
Garden World in Cameleopardus, Solar Dominion
- Magal Worldrings, the - Text by AI Vin and Steve Bowers
Also known as The Ring of Ages. A collection of Worldrings that depict many different eras in the history of Old Earth.
- Makama - Text by M. Alan Kazlev
House Stevens system; part of the Mutual Progress Alliance.
- Makintairas - Text by M. Alan Kazlev
10 Tauri - inner sphere system, destroyed by grey goo swarms during the Second Empires War - Metasoft was wrongly accused of the atrocity by a number of anthropist extremists and anti-vec propagandists of the time.
- Makrania Orwoods - Text by Anders Sandberg
Famous (some say infamous) orwoods around Frei (HJer-IV, NoCoZo) are well known across inhabited space for their zero gravity free-space casinos, sports and hedonics.
- Mandra Quin'Si (Gliese 673) - Text by Steve Bowers, updated by The Astronomer 2021
Inner Sphere star system located close to Aksijaha.
- Manyanga - Text by M. Alan Kazlev
A panthalassic planet in an important NoCoZo system.
- Mayhew - Text by Steve Bowers
Gold-rich world in the Solar Dominion.
- Maynard's Folly - Text by Chris Shaeffer, with additions by Radtech497
A world devastated by the accidental impact of a relativistic ship
- Mazukata's Holiday - Text by John Snead
Mazukata's Holiday is well-known for the flying clades the Virds and Vats, and for the intriguing structures on the nearby world Greymalkin.
- Medina - Text by Steve Bowers
Capital world of the Stellar Umma.
- Medius - Text by James Ramsey
Densely developed, highly industrial MPA system.
- Meerlinda - Text by Anders Sandberg, amended by Steve Bowers
Fourth planet of star B5C 2309 6753 [Mekelon Astrographic Institute Standard Catalogue], colloquially known as Darram's Star, colonised in 3189 by the Shiftwranger clade of tweaks; an important ultratech trading colony and close Negentropy Alliance affiliation. Site of the Meerlinda Technocalypse.
- Megasov System, The - Text by M. Alan Kazlev
Utopian, quasi-communistic system.
- Mekelon - Text by M. Alan Kazlev
Home to the Astrographic Institute. Part of the NoCoZo.
- Melanthios - Text by M. Alan Kazlev
Efficiency Maximization Paradigm system with former extensive asteroid belts, now half-complete dyson sphere.
- Merrion (Alpha Mensae) - Text by Anders Sandberg, partially updated by The Astronomer in 2021
Honorary capital system of the NoCoZo.
- Metasoft Baseline Reserves - Text by Steve Bowers
Worlds protected by the Metasoft Version Tree, holding unmodified human populations, including Dilmun, Earthland, Heimat, Jafalgia, Niuearth, and Wurm.
- Metropolis Ring City - Text by ProxCenBound
Sometimes known as Urban Cloudscapes City, or simply The City, a ten million km diameter Banks Orbital entirely covered in urban habitat.
- Midgard - Text by Todd Drashner
Inner Sphere world orbiting Alpha Caeli some 65ly from Sol with extreme tidal range.
- Mintaka - Text by M. Alan Kazlev
(Delta Orionis) a double star, spectral type is O9.5II. As seen from the Sol System the uppermost and faintest of the three major stars that form the belt of Orion. Mintaka (which means "belt") is located quite near the celestial equator. It is approximately 915 light-years from Sol.
- Mira - Text by M. Alan Kazlev and Steve Bowers
(Omicron Ceti), variable red giant star in the constellation called Cetus. It was discovered in 1596 by David Fabricus, an amateur Dutch astronomer. Mira (meaning "wonderful") was named by Johannes Hevelius in 1662. Its mass is about the same as Sol but it varies in size and brightness over a period of 332 days.
- Miracle City - Text by Anders Sandberg
A planet/megastructure constructed by a former xenosophont civilization that is encrusted with fractal buildings that extend far into orbit.
- Mithras (Fata Morgana) - Text by M. Alan Kazlev, Steve Bowers
Iota Ursa Majoris V. It was an important Solar Dominion system, but was subverted by the Cyberians during the Version War. Some outsiders refer to it as the Planet of the Unreal.
- Modular Future - Text by M. Alan Kazlev
Metasoft colony; was about to fall to the Amalgamation in 6948 but self-destructed before.
- Mokupuni - Text by Anders Sandberg
HIP 101997 III. Colony of Eden with artificial biosphere.
- Mollweide - Text by Steve Bowers
Fast-spinning highly oblate terrestrial world in the Cygnus outer volumes.
- Monostheria - Text by Steve Bowers
Important Metasoft world.
- Morini - Text by M. Alan Kazlev
Darro Plexus, Non-Coercive Zone - the system from which Fire dancing originated, and to which the art form is still mostly limited.
- Morogai (also called Ho'th'lhu'ooht) - Text by Anders Sandberg
Planet where in 5840 AT the statesbeing and power Ho'th'hss'to'luh underwent ascension to at least second singularity level, possibly more. The computronium conglomerate housing the post-To'u'lh association has become known as Ho'th'hss'lho University, an important nexus of post-To'u'lh and posthuman education in the middle region MPA.
- Morpheo A + B - Text by M. Alan Kazlev
Originally a resource rich system centered on red dwarf-brown-dwarf pair. The entire system has since been converted to the Thermal Virtopia Dyson Sphere, capital of the Efficiency Maximization Paradigm.
- Morrow and Griqua - Text by Steve Bowers
Plague-stricken habitats in the inner Middle Regions
- Mospor - Text by Anders Sandberg
Skyscape of Strevarld, among the pillars of Mospor. The pillars were constructed by the Mosporti partly as monuments to the cosmological constant (symbolized by the constant negative curvature of the Dini surfaces), partly as habitation megastructures. One of the local bubble-trees is drifting in the foreground; the blue colour of the pillars was partially selected to discourage them from adhering and nesting.
- Mossotti - Text by Anders Sandberg
Silicon Generation colony on Mossotti, a xerogaian world in Ninkasi plexus, Sophic League, founded 9909. The Silicon Generation colonists did not observe the graves used by the nearby colony of Occhialini, causing a serious incident as the Occhialinati (a Peitho Buddhist sect) discovered the accidental desecration. The situation appeared poised for a violent outbreak as the Occhialinati drew on the fifth verse of the Reformulation to support a cleansing crusade, but was defused in 9911 by a multi-clade diplomatic team sent by the Eden Consensus.
- Mu Capricorni - Text by A. C. Maté
Inner Sphere system with four Arean type worlds.
- Mukerilis Bis - Text by Anders Sandberg
Monastic settlement on Torom, settled by monks from the Novcatholic Ekumenikon during the colonisation of the system.
- Muna Kipasi Incident - Text by Victor Daniel, from original material by M. Alan Kazlev
The Attack of The Museum Ship Hume.
- Muuhome - Text by M. Alan Kazlev
The first Muuh world known to Terragens and the first linked to the Wormhole Nexus.
- Mykropht III - Text by M. Alan Kazlev
A life-bearing world with a naturally-occurring radiation-tolerant ecology.
- Mynti - Text by M. Alan Kazlev
85 Pegasi IV; former home of the Eden Institute of Xenoscience; destroyed by Metasoft during the Version War.
- MyuvYin - Text by M. Alan Kazlev
Early Inner Sphere colony, settled 892, overrun by psychophager ahuman replicator swarm of unknown origin in 1201. Recolonised and joined the Deeper Covenant.
- Nadia - Text by Steve Bowers
LinnEnt colony, populated by engenerator technology.
- Naos - Text by Anders Sandberg
O class supergiant in the far outskirts of NoCoZo, colonized in the 7680's by a bizarre corporate-religious clade calling itself the UV Consciousness.
- Narrenschiff, The - Text by Steve Bowers
Former spacecraft, now converted into an extensive habitat.
- Nathan - Text by Steve Bowers
Inner Sphere world with a hybrid ril/virtual culture.
- Ndiangu Mme Anwu System, The - Text by Radtech497
Carbon world with a natural ecosystem.
- Negsoa: Mu Arae (Cervantes) - Text by Anders Sandberg
A colony with high-tech and lowtech cultures
- Neli-Neti - Text by Steve Bowers
Twin planets in Musca.
- Nengs - Text by M. Alan Kazlev
Important Communion of Worlds member-system.
- Neo-Helix - Text by Todd Drashner
Terraformed world in the Inner Sphere. Has the distinction of possessing the first wholly neogenic ecosystem ever created.
- New Atlanta - Text by M. Alan Kazlev
Newly rich outer sphere world, originally EuVenusian but terraformed to EuGaian, important regional center, linked to main wormhole nexus. Popular with a number of clades, including young House Stevens radicals disillusioned with "House Ridgewell".
- New Brooklyn - Text by Mike Miller
An independent system in the Inner Sphere.
- New Duibbiyat - Text by M. Alan Kazlev
Terragen Federation system, colonised by First Federation loyalists from the Duibbiyat orbital habitat in Solsys during the early Empires period.
- New Dumont - Text by Darren Ryding
Cool world colonised by Siberoos, Megasibers and nearbaseline humans.
- New Earth (104 Tauri III) - Text by Steve Bowers
Capital of the Terragen Federation
- New Eureka - Text by The Astronomer
Dwarf Planet in the Iota Piscium system
- New Gaia (Lambda Aurigae A IV) - Text by Anders Sandberg
A natural gardenworld in the Inner Sphere, colonised by First Federation environmentalists.
- New Mars - Text by Anders Sandberg
11 Leo Minoris II. World inhabited by Martian tweaks.
- New Poseidon (Garden World) - Text by M. Alan Kazlev
Pelagic world belonging to the Negentropy Alliance; home to the Macroamoeboids, a presapient symbiotic lifeform.
- New Sol - The Sol-Multiverse - Text by Craig Higgs
Binary red dwarf system containing a dyson swarm and a large number of virtual and real alternate ecosystems.
- New Taylor - Text by D. David Barbeau
One of the three Capitals of the Sophic League; the other two being Ararat and Sacred Heart.
- New Zaire - Text by Kirran Lochhead Strang
World of the African Diaspora.
- Newhope - Text by M. Alan Kazlev
One of the oldest wildsap/wildhu preserve in Terragen space.
- Newlife - Text by Steve Bowers
System on the NoCoZo border with two terraformed planets, each with very unusual experimental biospheres.
- NewRoot - Text by Todd Drashner
The ceremonial capital of the Metasoft Version Tree.
- Newton and the Newton Mass Transcendance - Text by Anders Sandberg
In 8344 AT, in the Newton system (Beta Oolonga, currently in Metasoft space) a Keterist awakening occurred, and over the span of twenty years a massive project of augmentation was instituted. In 8365 most contact with the system was lost, as it appears that over a very short span of time practically all inhabitants were transformed into transapient-level entities.
- Niaanyo - Text by Steve Bowers
Hider world in deep space, occupied by vecs, rat provolves, and other clades
- Nimbus - Text by Anders Sandberg
Novoterra / 58 Eridani III. Former headquarters of Ubikorp. Currently centre of the Nimbus culture.
- Nirio - Text by M. Alan Kazlev
Former Utopia sphere system. Colonized in 5184 by an AI consortium setting up a baseline reservation and a local To'hul utopia. Attacked by the Paradigm in 5439 and optimized with little loss of life. Despite Utopia demands during the Jekaumeatrine negotiations it remained in Paradigm control. At present it is one of the most industrialized Paradigm systems. The local baselines and To'huls are believed to live essentially unchanged lives in the near-star virtuality.
- Niu Mynti - Text by M. Alan Kazlev
39 Tauri - Home system of the Eden Institute of Xenoscience.
- Niuearth - Text by Steve Bowers
Important Metasoft Baseline Reserve World
- Nova Schiaparelli - Text by M. Alan Kazlev
Capital of the West Cygnus Region. Wormhole links to Pardes, and Sy.
- Noyce - Text by M. Alan Kazlev
Inner sphere NoCoZo system also known as Hokon's Third Purchase, approximately 90 LY from Sol.
- NR 354-4536-566 - Text by Espen Antonsen
(Negentropy Alliance - NoCoZo border), home to the transapient hive mind Enigma Four.
- Nuihab - Text by M. Alan Kazlev
Phoebus Sector, MPA system - was visited in 4815 by the Diogenes, the first MPA Museum Ship.
- Nuisweden - Text by M. Alan Kazlev
Autonomous large demopoly near the outer part of the Inner Sphere, some Negentropist and Terragen Federation affiliation. Site of alpine forests and the prestigious Sondheim Academy where Stig Ranes studied.
- Nys-eldush - Text by Steve Bowers
A world inhabited by extreme heteromorphs who modified themselves to resemble classic virtual monsters
- Tawattaran (Garden World) - Text by Anders Sandberg
Former home of the extinct Thyresta xenosophonts.
Text by Orion's Arm Editors
Initially published on 31 December 2007.