System containing the Refractory
|Ztraug seen from an orbiting craft during the construction of The Refractory. Deep mining scars are clearly visible from orbit.|
Star - Iota Virginis A
|Syrma||Names: Iota Virginis A, Syrma, HD 124850 A|
- Mass: 2.983E30 kg (1.5 x Sol)
- Radius: 1,822,734 km (2.62 x Sol)
- Luminosity: 9.394 x Sol (bolometric)
- Temperature: 6243 Kelvin
- Spectral type: F7IV-V.
- Age: 2.0 billion years
Distance from Sol: 72.985 ly
|The Refractory casts rainbows of light onto the surface of Eyxsys|
Planet - Eyxsys (and the Refractory)
- Semi-major axis: 62,981,000 km (0.421 AU)
- Period: 81.5 days (0.223 Julian years)
- Eccentricity: 0.040
- Inclination: 2.598°
- Type: Hermean.
- Mass: 6.825E23 kg
- Radius: 3,168.2 km
- Density: 5,124 kg/m^3
- Gravitational acceleration: 4.538 m/s^2 (0.463 g)
- Rotation period: Tidally-locked (3:2 spin-orbit)
- Albedo: 0.211
- Average surface temperature: 707.8 K
Development: Negligible modosophont presence on surface.
Numerous habitats orbiting near the L1 point, established after the completion of the Refractory
- Syrma/Eyxsys L1 point: The Refractory - a large optical system designed to cast coloured light onto the surface of Eyxsys. Several thousand prisms located at the L1 point refract light onto the planet's surface in rainbow patterns.
|Psaydenum in 5005 AT, during terraformation. A habitable zone is developing along the planet's terminator, where plant and animal life are starting to establish themselves|
Planet - Psaydenum
- Semi-major axis: 82,428,000 km (0.551 AU)
- Period: 122.0 days (0.334 Julian years)
- Eccentricity: 0.075
- Inclination: 3.877°
- Type: Cytherean.
- Mass: 1.053E25 kg
- Radius: 7,412.7 km
- Density: 6,172 kg/m^3
- Gravitational acceleration: 12.790 m/s^2 (1.304 g)
- Rotation period: 208,440 s (57.900 hr)
- Obliquity: 35.5°
- Albedo: 0.785
- Average surface temperature: 1,800 K
- Surface pressure: 7.8 MPa
- Composition: 98% CO2, 2% N2, traces of other gases
Satellites: 2 (2 planetoids)
Notes: Originally a very hot tidally-locked Venus-like world. Using sunshade technology the planet has been cooled enough to allow a ring-shaped habitable zone near the terminator.
Development: Large amount of infrastructure in habitable zone, mostly governed by AI. Several mass accelerators completely or partially circle the planet, used for rapid transportation across the habitable ring as well as orbital launch. Numerous habitats are present in orbit.
Planet - Zetesx - formerly Ztrauq
- Semi-major axis: 99,931,000 km (0.668 AU)
- Period: 162.8 days (0.446 Julian years)
- Eccentricity: 0.098
- Inclination: 5.563°
- Type: Selenian.
- Mass: 2.492E23 kg
- Radius: 2,619.2 km
- Density: 3,311 kg/m^3
- Gravitational acceleration: 2.424 m/s^2 (0.247 g)
- Rotation period: 97,488 s (27.080 hr)
- Obliquity: 161.2°
- Albedo: 0.139
- Average surface temperature: 574.3 K
Notes: The planet's crust had a high silicon content, which was mined and used to create the Refractory. There were previously several small rings, which also contained silicon. Due to the creation of the Refractory these rings were reduced in mass dramatically.
Development: Minimal surface development. While the planet did see heavy mining activity during the creation of the Refractory, these processes were entirely automated and so the sophont population of this world has remained minimal.
|Syxicusis with its faint rings, along with several moons|
Planet - Syxicusis
- Semi-major axis: 162,314,000 km (1.085 AU)
- Period: 337.0 days (0.923 Julian years)
- Eccentricity: 0.037
- Inclination: 1.311°
- Type: Azuri- MesoJovian.
- Mass: 1.238E27 kg
- Radius: 68,650.1 km
- Density: 913 kg/m^3
- Gravitational acceleration: 17.532 m/s^2 (1.787 g)
- Rotation period: 43,225 s (12.007 hr)
- Obliquity: 12.8°
- Albedo: 0.142
- Average surface temperature: 500 K
Satellites: 24 (2 Selenians, 5 planetoids, 17 asteroids)
Development: Numerous bubblehabs present in upper atmosphere. Several moons have been colonized, based around hydrogen mining trade centers.
Star - Iota Virginis B
|Iota Virginis B||Names: Iota Virginis B, Kàngxiùèr B, HD 124850 B|
- Semi-major axis: 2,760,081,000 km (18.450 AU)
- Period: 54.687 Julian years
- Eccentricity: 0.1
- Mass: 1.193E30 kg (0.6 x Sol)
- Radius: 8,490 km
- Luminosity: 0.0005 x Sol (bolometric)
- Temperature: 7,600 Kelvin
- Spectral type: White dwarf, DQZ
Planets Asydanaq and Uxyazyis, two small worlds formed from the debris remaining from this star's metamorphosis into a stellar remnant