The Orion's Arm Universe Project Forums

New and amended pages 7/12/13
http://www.orionsarm.com/updates
I really like the graphic for Thespian, but am left wondering why exactly e would have an article in the EG. Maybe e was an artist, or a politician, or an explorer something noteworthy to be included.
I think we should have a few more articles on ordinary modosophonts, especially ones who have appeared in OA stories. Auguste/Augusta Gienah has an article, so do Toney Macaroney and Elvis Micmacmenemony. In due course I intend to write about Max Handy, Lefty Muligan, Elanor Denley and Colen Coell, all of whom have appeared in my stories over the years. Perhaps Riff and Raff from Rufus as well. We have articles about bAdMod and Skalosak, and it would be nice to have articles about Sarge and Heavy as well. All this extra material will help to clarify the details of life as a modo in the OA scenario.
Just as a kind of inspiration, here is Anders Sandberg's cast list for BIg Ideas Grand Visions;
https://web.archive.org/web/200104262028...s/who.html
it would be possible to insert most of these people into the Early First Federation in OA, since all these planets are in OA more-or-less as written by Anders (except the alien world Traha). We can't do that without asking him, however (some of these characters might have been written by other contributors to that RPG).
(12-09-2013, 02:18 PM)mark_ryherd Wrote: I really like the graphic for Thespian, but am left wondering why exactly e would have an article in the EG. Maybe e was an artist, or a politician, or an explorer something noteworthy to be included.

The EG doesn't have a section for 'non-famous people'.
The problem is that thespian as I imagined er is that e specifically isn't particularly famous, other than local scale fame, at any point in er life. E's specifically designed to eventually be used as a poster-person, a multipurpose average character- to represent fairly well, the traits of an 'average' sephirotic citizen, and let me (or anyone else) use er for many different roles (sort of like Doctor Who's regenerations). I left decades-long gaps in the life diagram to give plenty of room for freedom of new personalities.
It's been suggested that we include more 'personal profiles' in OA to give a better sense of life in the setting. Thespian could be one of these. If we decide we need a new topic to accommodate these, or want to rename an existing topic, that is certainly doable.

Todd