The Orion's Arm Universe Project Forums

Hello!
Wink 
Hi!

I'm new here so I just wanted to type something I suppose

I like sci-fi books, which is the way I found this website. I've previously written for two other collaborative Internet writing projects: the SCP Foundation and the Backrooms. I hope to do some copy edits at first, then branch out into writing. This whole place seems much better set up in terms of lore than either SCP or the Backrooms. I get the feeling I'll like it here...

Phoenix
Nice Smile

Glad to have you here

Feel free to ask questions
(05-24-2024, 03:17 AM)Worldtree Wrote: Nice Smile

Glad to have you here

Feel free to ask questions

I have 2 at the moment:

-Is there any sort of sandbox where I can work on drafts?

-Is there any sort of "greenlight" system for new authors to recieve approval regarding their first post?
(05-24-2024, 03:24 AM)Phoenixskies Wrote: I have 2 at the moment:

-Is there any sort of sandbox where I can work on drafts?

Yes just post a new thread in the forum section “Encyclopedia galactica articles” 
or “general discussion” . It’s helpful to talk about your idea first before writing up a draft of course, much like the SCP foundation process 

Quote:-Is there any sort of "greenlight" system for new authors to recieve approval regarding their first post?

I approved your first post on the forum just now , before replying to your greeting , to make you post visible to everyone else (it’s an anti spambot measure) so that’s all set if that’s what you mean. All of your posts on the forum from now on don’t need to be approved. 

The process of publishing an article here is a bit more centralized than the SCP foundation system -there’s not a formal voting system exactly 

Describe your idea for an article or story , maybe talk about it and troubleshoot it with other posters here

Write up a draft 

Posters here comment on your draft and you probably rewrite it 1-6+times 

One 1-2 editors/administrators say it’s ok to post on the site and there are no objections, one of us editors will post the article on the website
You can find most procedures explained in the HELP tab at the top right of the forum

But  i should probably also add that
if you want to quote a specific sentence or paragraph  from someone else’s post ,

You can write [ quote ]

Thing you’re quoting

[/ quote ]

But without the spaces

You can write

Quote:Thing you’re quoting

Edit: see this section about MyBB code
Welcome!
Hi There - Welcome to OA! Smile

As has been mentioned, feel free to ask questions or join in on any conversations that grab your interest. Or start a new conversation if there's something you want to discuss that we aren't at the moment.

Todd
Introverts of the World - Unite! Separately....In our own homes.