The Orion's Arm Universe Project Forums

Newcomers here
I after spending a long time lurking, reading all the great articles of Orion arm setting, had a burning question inspired by too much vs debate. I hope I am net positive to the community. Also I have terrible grammar, partly dyslexia, partly am just quick to type and bad at spell checking. huh what is the status of Dyslexia in Orion arm?

I was so eager that I have somehow misspelled Bawkdragon. Well, it is a more creative name.
Welcome to OA!
(09-18-2023, 06:24 AM)stevebowers Wrote: Welcome to OA!

Thanks.
Welcome to OA. Maybe an admin can rectify your name to BawkDragon.
-----Signature-----------------------------------------------------
Quote: "Nature considers all variables".
Welcome to OA ! Would you like me or someone else to fix your username to Bawkdragon?

Feel free to join in any discussions or comment on posts no matter how old Smile

Like most mental pathologies, dyslexia has presumably been “solved” by OA technology at some point in the timeline. Whether actually “solving” dyslexia neurologically in individuals is desired or necessary might not be guaranteed however. There might be benefits associated with it that we haven’t been fully understood yet ? Maybe something related to :
Quote:http://www.dyslexia-aware.com/dawn/dyslexic-thinking

The dyslexic's abilities have been recognised by NASA (North American Space Administration) Over 50% of NASA employees are reported as dyslexic. They are said to be deliberately sought after because they have superb problem-solving skills and excellent 3D and spatial awareness.
And so while I’ll assume OA technology has figured out ways to “fix” dyslexia with no downsides, it might turn out that designing interactive interfaces or fonts that accommodate dyslexia and work around it could sometimes remain preferable.
Welcome to OA!

Todd Smile
Introverts of the World - Unite! Separately....In our own homes.