The Orion's Arm Universe Project Forums

Question on the Argus Array
Hi everyone, big fan of this universe and have been lurking for years. One of my favourite aspects of astronomy are space telescopes, so understandably I'm a bit obsessed with the Argus Array. I've been wondering if there has been an equivalent of the "Deep field" image that made Hubble so famous? At max "zoom", what would the array see? I'm guessing it would just be a heavily redshifted image of dark gas clouds when the universe was young, but I'm interested to see what others think. Ofc the array consists of more than just telescopes that detect light, but I'm not sure what an image depicting gravitational waves would look like. Undecided

On an unrelated note, does anyone else like using programs like space engine and try to simulate their own "deep field"? I have way too much fun doing things like that. Image below was taken in Space engine: What the local group would look like from UDF 423 (if you were to magically be transported to it's position in the HUDF and wait 10 billion years), a 10 billion light year distant galaxy captured in the Hubble Ultra-Deep Field. Centre is the Milky Way and the Magellanic clouds, to the right is Andromeda and the Triangulum galaxy. Zoom is similar to the ultra deep field (around 3 arcminutes)

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Messages In This Thread
Question on the Argus Array - by merkudul - 12-01-2022, 10:34 AM
RE: Question on the Argus Array - by Worldtree - 12-01-2022, 01:16 PM
RE: Question on the Argus Array - by merkudul - 12-01-2022, 02:16 PM
RE: Question on the Argus Array - by Drashner1 - 12-02-2022, 12:47 PM
RE: Question on the Argus Array - by stevebowers - 12-02-2022, 09:10 PM
RE: Question on the Argus Array - by stevebowers - 12-02-2022, 09:17 PM
RE: Question on the Argus Array - by MacGregor - 12-03-2022, 12:54 PM