The Orion's Arm Universe Project Forums

Hello. Long-ish time wiki reader here.
(02-13-2022, 12:42 PM)Drashner1 Wrote: I'm not entirely sure what you're asking re these beings mostly being Aiods. That would make no difference in terms of the amount of computronium needed to support an S3 mind.

I'm also not sure what you're asking re population. Can you explain a bit more what you're referring to here, please?

Thanks!

Todd

The stuff about them being mainly Aiods was more about addressing the fact that as you said a tribemind would need to at least go virtual in order to cross the S3 barrier, as well as likely making sure they were using the resources more efficiently I. E. that they at least weren't using too much more computronium than an S3 would generally need. 

In terms of population I was thinking of a setup where most of the polities' population would be residing in a mass of computronium on par with what S4 intelligences would normally require for themselves, while what in relative terms is an extremely small minority represent the population that would actually be in any way visible to most observers.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Hello. Long-ish time wiki reader here. - by alexanderhamiltonalaska - 02-13-2022, 02:21 PM