The Orion's Arm Universe Project Forums

EG Redesign - Ideas and Suggestions?
(04-16-2021, 09:50 PM)Drashner1 Wrote: Just so I'm building a correct mental picture here - Are you suggesting that the major section pages (such as what you mention above) would look something like the new main page, with a single large background image and then some sort of text and/or navigation controls sitting on top of that? Or that the background would have something like a 'collage' of smaller images relating to the subject matter? Or something else?
In a word, yes. If it is possible to cycle through background images specific to the section, as is done on the main page, that would be a plus. The goal of this suggestion is to create a unified visual theme for the website as a whole, hopefully one that is both visually interesting and that communicates a sense of the setting.
Quote:On a related note - Our current plan is to retire the current retro look of the EG across the board, although we are also thinking to preserve (or at least give a nod to) some specific design elements of the current EG. Not sure exactly what that might look like yet, though.
Perhaps the Archives could feature the current content format, perhaps as part of a description of how the OAUP has "evolved" over the years since its founding. Speaking of archives, how difficult is it to make them searchable? If it is more trouble than it's worth, then that idea can be tabled until some future date ....

Radtech497
"I'd much rather see you on my side, than scattered into... atoms." Ming the Merciless, Ruler of the Universe

Messages In This Thread
RE: EG Redesign - Ideas and Suggestions? - by radtech497 - 04-17-2021, 06:02 PM