The Orion's Arm Universe Project Forums

So Happy to Be Here!
Hello everyone,
So, funnily enough, I stumbled upon OA because I was reading an article about Freeman Dyson, and the article talked about Dyson trees. The link that the journalist used actually went to the Encyclopedia Galactica, and I thought, "Whoah, what's this?" And was just about instantly hooked.

I am a doctoral researcher who studies the relationship between technology and the environment. I am pursuing a Ph.D. in English, but I promise I am not the grammar police! However, I would be happy to help with editing. I love the collaborative nature of this project, and I can't wait to explore more. Thank you for having me.
Hi There - Welcome to OA Big Grin

Please feel free to join in on any ongoing conversations or to start new ones if you feel so inspired.

Also - if you have any questions or concerns about any aspect of the OA setting or the project in general, please don't hesitate to ask.

If you feel your professional background might offer insight or otherwise improve new or existing articles or setting elements, please share. On the other hand, if that feels too much like bringing your work home with you, feel free to say so or otherwise not worrying about that aspect of things as part of your interactions with the project. Smile

We aren't obsessive about grammar here, but we have been trying to do better over the years (OA hosts two forms of English - British and Australian - plus American) and editing assistance is always welcome.

Hope this helps and once again - Welcome to OA!

Todd
Welcome to OA!
We do try to use both American and UK/Australian grammar and spellings. We also use a smattering of Anglic pronouns, which are a range of gender pronouns loosely based on Spivak pronouns. So it can get a bit confusing sometimes.
Welcome!