The Orion's Arm Universe Project Forums

Project Heavenstorm (Chapter One of my novel)
(11-27-2019, 11:17 AM)Dfleymmes1134 Wrote: something like this? idk

I made these covers in 10 min with a dragon image - it's basically inaccurate fanart for inspiration?.

anyway the story is rad

Wow!  I love it!  Especially the one on the right.  Is the dragon image your own creation?

The dragons in Heavenstorm are the creations of super-advanced nanotechnology - even more advanced than the 30th century colonists of 21 thousand years earlier.  The reflection in the dragon's eye is supposed to be the Elixir, surrounded by the 64 Key Crystals (which appear later in the novel). 

The Elixir holds reality together.  It is literally everywhere, and can manifest anywhere.  Because our universe is a 4D hypersphere, it is most at home in the centre of space-time - in other words, the Big Bang.  It is literally the Light of Creation, but it isn't God - more like a neutral instrument that can be used for good or evil.

When the setting's "transapient" beings (Mayhara, the Pinstriped Man and others) look inside the Shield that hides the Elixir, they see infinite possibilities, including the Elixir's absence or non-existence.  Souls of the dead usually see nothing, depending on their level of cosmic awareness.  When the shield is opened and is observed by a "baseline" being (human or dragon) that can see only one reality at a time, the quantum waveform collapses, and the Elixir "exists" again.  So the Elixir is a bit like a naked singularity crossed with Schrodinger's Cat.

I'm glad you like the story so far.  I probably won't be uploading any more chapters onto the forum.  However, I am still making changes, even to the early chapters.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Project Heavenstorm (Chapter One of my novel) - by DarrenRyding - 11-27-2019, 01:49 PM