The Orion's Arm Universe Project Forums

White Dwarf vs Red Giant
Is R Aquarii covered in OA? 
https://www.universetoday.com/140871/you...rom-earth/

[Image: Symbiotic_System_R_Aquarii-580x381.jpg]
Mike Miller, Materials Engineer
----------------------

"Everbody's always in favor of saving Hitler's brain, but when you put it in the body of a great white shark, oh, suddenly you've gone too far." -- Professor Farnsworth, Futurama
I don't think so, but Steve is our resident galactography guru. If it hasn't already been written up, are you thinking of taking a shot at it?

Todd
(12-18-2018, 01:23 PM)Drashner1 Wrote: I don't think so, but Steve is our resident galactography guru. If it hasn't already been written up, are you thinking of taking a shot at it?

I need to get through a Barnard's Star update first, and I just rediscovered my plan for Beta Pictoris buried in the 61 Cygni article.

If someone else wants to write up R Aquarii, that's fine by me. I'm not sure what I'd do with the star.
Mike Miller, Materials Engineer
----------------------

"Everbody's always in favor of saving Hitler's brain, but when you put it in the body of a great white shark, oh, suddenly you've gone too far." -- Professor Farnsworth, Futurama
R Aquarii is not covered in OA. This would be a challenging environment for a human colony, but also a very resource-rich one.
Most sophonts in the Orion's Arm universe aren't humans though, or even bionts for that matter. This system would be a great energy source for a high-speed virchworld.
It might also be quite a tourist trap. There are those today who would rather be at a place that's photogenic/spectacular than see photos or video, however true-to-life; I imagine the same would be true in Y11K even with its vastly better VR.