The Orion's Arm Universe Project Forums

Greetings and NoLWoCS questions
(08-19-2018, 03:36 PM)stevebower Wrote: One problem is that the mass classes are separate to the classes and types that are defined by temperature and composition, so that you can have superterrestrial LithicGelidian planets, terrestrial LithicGelidians and LithicGelidian planetoids, all with similar compositions but with very different mass and surface gravity. We could call them all by different names, or simply add a descriptive modifier in each case. I prefer the second option.

Hey Steve, thanks for the reply. I had thought of this myself, I know that there are likely many types common to all three classes but were just never written up. So Pluto could be a SubLithicGelidian but it would still be out of bounds for the Planetoid class unless the size parameter were redefined. I also realized this morning that some of the real life examples of the Chronian (Tethys, Dione, Rhea, Iapetus), Titanian (Titan), Europan (Europa), and Hephaestian (Io) types are in the same position as Pluto, with diameters over 1,000km but masses below .05 Earths and thus, out of parameter for both classes.

Messages In This Thread
Greetings and NoLWoCS questions - by dsmike1980 - 08-19-2018, 01:58 PM
RE: Greetings and NoLWoCS questions - by dsmike1980 - 08-20-2018, 04:41 AM
RE: Greetings and NoLWoCS questions - by Avengium - 08-20-2018, 10:33 AM