The Orion's Arm Universe Project Forums

Lost in Space
Recently started watching Lost in Space on Netflix. Only seen first three episodes but seems decent enough. What’s y’alls opinion?
I watched it and enjoyed it. A bit rough around the edges when it came to the dialogue and some of the acting but as a family friendly show it worked well. The production values were also really good with the set design and CGI being of a great quality (I feel like it's potentially a golden age for SF shows at the moment for that reason).

I'd be interested in a second season but I'm not sure if it's been confirmed.
OA Wish list:
  1. DNI
  2. Internal medical system
  3. A dormbot, because domestic chores suck!
I've also only watched the first few episodes. I'm enjoying them, but find they are more of a 'watch when I'm in the mood' sort of thing vs the 'watch an episode (or two) every night and really want to know what happens next' experience that I had with Altered Carbon.

I agree with Rynn that the effects and production values are very good. I haven't really noticed issues with the dialog and the like, but that's not an area that generally grabs my attention anyway unless its either amazingly good or amazingly bad.

The biggest issue I've had (funnily enough) is with the introduction of all of the additional characters early on, which is not (IIRC from reruns I occasionally saw growing up) in canon with the original series. Not something that bothers me much, but its a slight 'mental speedbump' when watching. I'm sure I'll get over it.Tongue

Todd