The Orion's Arm Universe Project Forums

RIP - Stephen Hawking
World renowned physicist Stephen Hawking has died at the age of 76. He died peacefully at his home in Cambridge in the early hours of Wednesday
Evidence separates truth from fiction.
RIP Stephen Hawkings. It'll be a while before Humanity benefits from an intellect such as yours again. Thank you for enriching my childhood with thoughts of rotating black-holes with charge. Thank you for enriching our society with new physics that allow us to discover and describe vast regions of space-time. You will be sorely missed Stephen Hawkings.
RIP Stephen Hawking indeed, for all the obvious reasons.

And for another one: Stephen Hawking is a very good example of how "experts" can get it wrong. He lived fifty years longer than medical experts said he would.
Star Trek got me interested in science and the future of humanity amongst the stars. A Brief History of Time and The Universe in a Nutshell started my quest in learning about the actuality of cosmology, physics, humanity's future, etc. And the hope to combine those truths with interesting science fiction led me here.

RIP Stephen Hawking.
In fifty years time (or less) he could have been a cyborg with full mobility, or maybe his neurological problems could have been cured, or both. A genius cyborg, no less.
We stand on the shoulders of giants like Stephen Hawking so that we may see farther than they did.

Thank you Stephen Hawking for letting us stand on your shoulders. We can see a lot farther now.

Missing you,

QwertyYerty

P.S.

If it is possible to die one moment and wake up the next as an AI version of yourself, let me say "Goodbye, I hope to see you soon".  Otherwise, enjoy your rest in peace.
QwertyYerty