The Orion's Arm Universe Project Forums

A Middle Tech Society Without Access to the Net
I would not imagine ALL electronic signalling, i.e. telephones, radio, telegraph. just the refusal to have computers communicate with each other and have the internet we have today, or the net of OA.

But I imagine a continuation of currently abandoned technology, such as portable DVD players, MP3 players, SD cards, and so on.  Computers would be more used for calculations than for many social activities as today. perhaps less political turmoil? No digital propaganda from partisan sites and news, or forums where people discuss/argue politics. I also think information about something can be hidden more easily without the internet since media companies could choose what you see and hear when watching TV, reading the newspaper, ect.
Ever make mistakes in life? Let's make them birds. Yeah, they're birds now.

~ Bob Ross

Messages In This Thread
RE: A Middle Tech Society Without Access to the Net - by Vaktus - 12-02-2017, 08:21 PM