The Orion's Arm Universe Project Forums

Greetings
Howdy all, I've been reading Orion's Arm since at least 2014.  It introduced me to transhumanism and its associated concepts, and although I've drifted away from the transhuman mindset into something more cyberpunk since then, the continued contributions of Issac Arthur have given me renewed interest in it.  I decided to join up since in my opinion, certain elements of transhumanism and cyberpunk are not mutually exclusive.  Also, because I had a question about an old article.

You see, a long while ago I found a relatively comprehensive planetary habitability rating, that went from the squeaky-cleanest angelnetted worlds to... I don't remember, but I can't find this article anymore and was wondering if someone else might know of its whereabouts.  I figured it would be of some help for a mini-worldbuilding project that involves the creation of the galaxy's least habitable terrestrial planet.
Hi! Welcome to OA!

I wonder if you mean this article;
Hazard Rating
This is a measure of how safe a planet is for a human-like biont - some locations that are unsafe for humans would be perfectly comfortable for a specially designed vec or extremophile, of course.
(09-21-2017, 05:06 PM)stevebowers Wrote: Hi! Welcome to OA!

I wonder if you mean this article;
Hazard Rating
This is a measure of how safe a planet is for a human-like biont - some locations that are unsafe for humans would be perfectly comfortable for a specially designed vec or extremophile, of course.

Knowledge and information, I was so close. 

Anyway, nice to finally be on board.
Hi There - Welcome to OA Smile

Todd