The Orion's Arm Universe Project Forums

Discovered OA a few days ago, amazed and happy!
I also actually came up with the concept of "artificial intelligence gods" when I was like 13 or so and thought that it would be the perfect way to create a utopian civilization - a well-designed hyperintelligent AI could coordinate human activity and prevent disputes much better than any human could, and I had no idea that this concept existed anywhere else already - when I was like 16 or 17 I discovered transhumanism and now (I am 20) I see OA already has this concept in spades - very glad that others have this concept, I hope it manages to actually occur on Earth before it's too late...

My world has vaguely humanoid entities on it which evolved there, does this contradict OA? I know they say that no humanoid xenosophonts have ever been found, but they are not very strongly humanlike - the Demaren have digitigrade feet, horns, tails, and fur, among other differences with humans - but they are sufficiently similar that I am unsure whether they and other vaguely hominid-like Pantellian races fit with that canonical idea.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Discovered OA a few days ago, amazed and happy! - by syzithryx - 08-11-2017, 06:11 AM