The Orion's Arm Universe Project Forums

Which age would you prefer to live in?- The information age or The Sundering?
Neither period is what I would call my first choice. Statistically speaking (and considering civilization as a whole), neither offers good odds of me having what I would consider a long and happy life. I am lucky enough to live in a portion of the global civilization that I find reasonably pleasant - but there are lots of other places I would find much less so.

Considering the Technocalypse - the majority of the people living in that time died (often very unpleasantly) and the survivors often ended up in highly unpleasant conditions. Even those lucky enough to escape both of those fates would often end up living out the rest of their lives with the constant fear that one or more of the causes of the Technocalypse would slip past the defenses and kill them all.

All things considered, I'd rather say neither of these and opt for somewhere in the Inner Sphere in Y11k. Although I realize that's cheating:p

Hrm.

Todd

Messages In This Thread
RE: Which age would you prefer to live in?- The information age or The Sundering? - by Drashner1 - 11-23-2016, 02:57 PM