The Orion's Arm Universe Project Forums

Subnautica (PC game)
My laptop unfortunately can't run it but I've been loving watching lets plays and generally following the progress of this game (currently in early access):

http://unknownworlds.com/subnautica/

It might be of interest to OA fans because of its premise and crafting mechanic. The game itself is a survival game, like so many released over the previous few years it sees the player stranded in some fashion with basic tools that they must use to gather resources, build shelter, build better tools, gather better resources etc. In this game you're stranded on a very visually impressive ocean world after jettisoning from your crashing ship in an escape pod. The pod contains basic supplies and a fabricator (a sort of universal assembler). You have to swim out into the oceans; catching fish to eat whilst avoiding predators and bringing back materials to feed into your fabricator. You can then use it to build a base, vehicles, power sources, aquaculture farms and so much more.

It's very much how I imagine being stranded in OA would work (except you'd probably have a bot do all the hard work instead of the stranded person).

If any of that sounds cool to you maybe check it out Smile
OA Wish list:
  1. DNI
  2. Internal medical system
  3. A dormbot, because domestic chores suck!
I myself have been following that game and now its on sale. Time to use that sweet disposable income.