The Orion's Arm Universe Project Forums

What other worlds do you have?
BattleTech. I've got 5 worlds written up in detail in the "A Time of War" roleplaying core book. They're meant to give a 'boots on the ground' feel for being on a selection of typical BT planets. I've got 2 more in the "A Time of War Companion," which has the simplified world-building rules I wrote for the game; the more detailed world building rules I wrote have been delayed from publication pending a shuffle of upcoming books. I also wrote up a lengthy article on Terra and the Solar system for "Jihad Hotspots: Terra," the most recent and detailed look at Terra in the setting. I've got a few systems/micro-states in "Interstellar Expeditions" (3, as I recall). And I wrote several short summaries for the "Masters & Minions" book. I've got a chunk of worlds in upcoming publications.

I'm probably forgetting a few other canonical BattleTech worlds I've contributed.

I've got a bunch of "fanfic" planets on assorted BT forums, but I've stopped writing those because if I use an idea there - i.e., in public, freely released form - it's unsuitable for use in BT canon. The game has been burned by conflicts over intellectual property disputes and is now very cautious.

On the note of non-canon settings, I probably churn out a new GURPS, DnD, Shadowrun, or other RPG setting about every two months between gaming sessions. The adulthood thing has brought jobs, kids, and spouses to my gaming group, and those are oddly reluctant about sharing time with roleplaying activities. Smile So, my brain tends to churn ahead with campaigns and new worlds that will never be used by the infrequent gaming sessions.
Mike Miller, Materials Engineer
----------------------

"Everbody's always in favor of saving Hitler's brain, but when you put it in the body of a great white shark, oh, suddenly you've gone too far." -- Professor Farnsworth, Futurama

Messages In This Thread
What other worlds do you have? - by Rynn - 01-16-2016, 01:27 AM
RE: What other worlds do you have? - by QueElEs - 01-16-2016, 01:32 AM
RE: What other worlds do you have? - by ATMLVE - 01-16-2016, 09:42 AM
RE: What other worlds do you have? - by Drashner1 - 01-18-2016, 11:51 PM
RE: What other worlds do you have? - by Bear - 01-17-2016, 07:40 AM
RE: What other worlds do you have? - by QueElEs - 01-17-2016, 07:48 AM
RE: What other worlds do you have? - by Rynn - 01-18-2016, 09:51 PM
RE: What other worlds do you have? - by Drashner1 - 01-22-2016, 01:39 PM
RE: What other worlds do you have? - by Cray - 01-20-2016, 04:34 AM
RE: What other worlds do you have? - by rom65536 - 08-18-2016, 05:51 PM
RE: What other worlds do you have? - by Avengium - 10-25-2016, 07:52 AM