The Orion's Arm Universe Project Forums

Hello, World
Hi There, Welcome to OA!

By all means, feel free to post your ideas or questions here or in whichever sub-forum seems to fit them best. And of course take part in any conversations that grab your interest.

Regarding your questions below...

(12-17-2014, 10:31 AM)PortalHunter Wrote: And I do wonder, why so many habitable planets when moons can be used the same way? (The Pentagon Moons, 55 Cancri, the works.)

There are many more moons in the setting than planets, and many more space habitats than moons. And possibly more bubble habs floating in gas giant atmospheres than space habs. This is either implied or stated in passing in various places. However, the content of the setting is a result of what people choose to contribute and so far most people who choose to write about worlds have chosen to describe planets. There's no rule against writing about moons and there are techs in the setting that are explicitly aimed at moons as habitats such as Bluesky Worldhouses, Yggdrasil Trees, and other such things.

If you'd like to write some EG articles about moons, please feel free to do so.

(12-17-2014, 10:31 AM)PortalHunter Wrote: Okay, turns out I have many more things to say. I think I might as well end this here before it gets too bothersome to read through.

portalhunter99

Looking forward to your future posts. And once again, Welcome to OASmile

Todd

Messages In This Thread
Hello, World - by PortalHunter - 12-17-2014, 10:31 AM
RE: Hello, World - by Drashner1 - 12-17-2014, 11:43 AM
RE: Hello, World - by PortalHunter - 12-17-2014, 12:23 PM