The Orion's Arm Universe Project Forums

Hi, guys!
Shocked 
Hello! I'm Brazilian and I love all the interesting aliens... errrr... I mean, xenosophonts, megastructures and terragen clades present in the Orion's Arm universe. Your universe is helping me with inspiration to a sci-fi universe that I am (trying) to create - what is not an easy task, because I'm just a poor baseline. My universe is a traditional sci-fi universe, with some differences based in Orion's Arm:

- I'm trying to use real science instead of technobabbles and handwavium, but some unrealistic tech (hyperdrives/jumpdrives, artificial gravity, teleportation, etc.) are present in the form of millenia old Godtech of unknow origin;

- there are human like aliens, but these "aliens" are human clades descendent of a previously unknow human/humanoid spacefaring civilization destroyed millenia ago under mysterious circumstances;

- there are Archailects in my universe, but they are really archaic - with dozens or even hundreds of millions (or maybe billions) of years - and they behave in a way similar to the First Ones of Babylon 5 universe - giants traveling the galaxy performing tasks incomprehensible to modosophonts (I never liked of the concept of energy based aliens with magic like super-cosmic powers Undecided).

- finally, non-human alien species are much more common and numerous than the previously cited human/humanoid clades (some of these aliens species are bipedal, but they are rare compared to the others) - indeed, they have some sort of unifed government similar to Gene Roddenberry's Systems Commonwealth, Star Wars Old Republic or Star Trek Federation.

I really hope to have plenty of inspiration to make my universe while I'm here! Big Grin oh, and forgive my bad English - like I said before, I'm Brazilian and my English is really, really rusted. Tongue
Welcome to OA!
Your scenario sounds interesting; somewhere between OA and Star Trek/Babylon 5.

Of course, if you decide to contribute articles or stories to OA that would be very welcome. We have had two or three other Brazilian contributors in the past - any material written from that perspective would, I'm sure, be interesting.
(10-13-2014, 10:03 AM)SeptimusOraka Wrote: I really hope to have plenty of inspiration to make my universe while I'm here! Big Grin oh, and forgive my bad English - like I said before, I'm Brazilian and my English is really, really rusted. Tongue

Welcome! Your English certainly seems fine to me. I'm hoping that in participating here you'll not only be inspired for your own separate creation but also inspire additions to OA (or better yet, build something here yourself).
Stephen
Hi There, Welcome to OA Big Grin

Todd
(10-13-2014, 11:07 AM)stevebowers Wrote: Welcome to OA!
Your scenario sounds interesting; somewhere between OA and Star Trek/Babylon 5.

Of course, if you decide to contribute articles or stories to OA that would be very welcome. We have had two or three other Brazilian contributors in the past - any material written from that perspective would, I'm sure, be interesting.

Thanks. You know, I was tired of all those sci-fi settings full of handwavium/technobabbles where virtually all aliens are humans using make-up (or human baselines, like in the case of Stargate SG-1/Atlantis...Undecided) and where all planets resemble the Good Old Earth pre-Nanodisaster. Curiously, my desire to create a more realistic sci-fi scenario began after watching Alien Planet - I really loved the alien designs used by Wayne Barlowe. Smile

(10-13-2014, 11:11 AM)Matterplay1 Wrote:
(10-13-2014, 10:03 AM)SeptimusOraka Wrote: I really hope to have plenty of inspiration to make my universe while I'm here! Big Grin oh, and forgive my bad English - like I said before, I'm Brazilian and my English is really, really rusted. Tongue

Welcome! Your English certainly seems fine to me. I'm hoping that in participating here you'll not only be inspired for your own separate creation but also inspire additions to OA (or better yet, build something here yourself).

I will try to help you guys in creating some material to Orion's Arm too, but please remember that I am just a poor baseline! Big Grin
(10-13-2014, 11:13 AM)Drashner1 Wrote: Hi There, Welcome to OA Big Grin

Todd

Thanks! Smile
Welcome
Thank you.