The Orion's Arm Universe Project Forums

New arrival
Well... hello, community!

I'm a long-time occasional OA reader who recently took a renewed interest in the OA universe - which I find rather fascinating both as an SF setting and as a community project. I was curious to see the forums and worldbuilding discussions in action, so I thought I'd join and maybe contribute a thing or two. So, if you're still with me... Here's a couple of words about me:

I've been writing science fiction as a hobby longer than I can type, though in all fairness, all the early stuff had been of the naive "sci-fi" bend. I've self-published a harder SF novel a while ago, which was a bit of a tongue-in-cheek trope-heavy transhumanist space opera. Frankly, I probably drew some inspiration from Orion's Arm as well back then, although these themes were something I had wanted tro try for a long time. It's in German though.

My more down-to-earth self is working as a freelance editor and translator, which may be one of the reasons why my own creative output has suffered lately. I'm currently experimenting with 3D modeling and digital art a bit, but that's about it.

In a nutshell: I'm seeking a bit of inspiration and maybe a friendly community to share ideas with. I've never been the collaborative project kind of guy, so why not try a new meme? Wink

Best Regards!
Greetings, Abendwind!

It would be interesting to have more input from german-speaking contributors. One of our founding members, Bernd Helfert, still looks in from time to time and gives valuable advice. We would be interested in your novel as well, if you wish to post a link to it. I'm just about to update our main links page - maybe we could put it there.
Thanks for the warm welcome and your interest - I really wasn't going to drop in with a shameless Amazon link right away!

Here's the link to my site's rather humble story page, in case someone's interested (and fluent in German): http://www.marco-kaas.de/?page_id=50. It has the link to the ebook and two short stories featuring the same characters and universe as the novel. The short stories are nicely CC-licensed and free for all. Wink
Thanks!
Hi Welcome to OA!

If you have any questions about the setting or whatever is going on at any given time on the forum, please don't hesitate to ask.

ToddSmile