The Orion's Arm Universe Project Forums

Behold! I have arrived!
Hey everyone!  Long time lurker on the site here.  I discovered OA five years ago, and I have to say, I think what you guys have created here is the most amazing and detailed sci-fi setting that I've ever read.  The concepts and ideas that this site introduced me to have radically changed me as a person, and I'd know I'd be a very different person today if I had never found this place, so I just wanted to thank you for all that you've done here, and I'd like to help contribute to the project someday.

Also, I've been working on a school assignment, and I need to interview someone, and I thought "Hey, maybe those guys on on the OA Forums could help!"  So if it's not too much of a bother, I'd like to ask you guys some questions about yourselves, the setting, and just about transhumanism in general, if that's okay with you.

In your words, what is transhumanism, and what does it mean to you?

Are there any misconceptions that the public has about transhumanists?

What drew you into transhumanism, and sci-fi in general?

How has being a transhumanist affected you, as a person?

Some people believe that transhumanism is "unnatural," and that we shouldn't mess with the way we were created, how do you respond to that?

How did transhumanism begin, as a movement, and are there any important works or authors I should read about?

Why do you think people become transhumanists?

Why do you think many people are strongly opposed to it?

If you could get one piece of technology from OA tomorrow, any technology, what would it be and why?

How well do you think OA predicts the future, and are there any specific things you disagree with?

Those are all of the questions that I have, and if you could answer even just a few of them, I would really appreciate it.  Thanks again, and have a awesome night!

Messages In This Thread
Behold! I have arrived! - by TerranGames - 05-19-2022, 02:13 PM
RE: Behold! I have arrived! - by Worldtree - 05-19-2022, 08:11 PM
RE: Behold! I have arrived! - by Worldtree - 05-19-2022, 11:50 PM
RE: Behold! I have arrived! - by Rynn - 05-19-2022, 09:54 PM
RE: Behold! I have arrived! - by Drashner1 - 05-19-2022, 11:55 PM
RE: Behold! I have arrived! - by Worldtree - 05-20-2022, 09:32 AM
RE: Behold! I have arrived! - by Rynn - 05-20-2022, 06:55 PM
RE: Behold! I have arrived! - by MacGregor - 05-27-2022, 03:43 AM