The Orion's Arm Universe Project Forums

Hello! Enjoying Orion's Arm again!
Hi! Welcome (back) to OA! Smile

In some respects, OA hasn't changed in the last 15 years and in others it's changed quite a lot (and continues to change on a slow rolling basis). Please feel free to ask any questions that come to mind, raise any concerns you might have, and either join or start any conversations that you'd like to take part in.

Re the sort of snapshot or extended article type you mention, there was another such article that depicts the Solar System in 10,600 AT (in addition to a separate smaller article about the Solar System as a location), but we recently combined these into a single article to simplify things. You can find it HERE.

Re other such articles, off the top of my head, there are:

Corona - although in looking at this today, I'm see some formatting issues that need some adjustments. On a different note, this article also includes a 'Snapshot' which is a type of narrative that we didn't have 15 years ago. Basically, it's a sort of 'slice of life' vignette that (hopefully) illustrates some aspect of life in the setting. You'll find them scattered around the EG here and there, although there aren't currently as many as we would like and we're always looking to add more.

Duxed - a sometimes colonized Garden World

There may be others I'm overlooking right now, but hopefully someone will post links to those as well (or I'll remember more later).

By all means, if living as a baseline in a reserve or other quiet corner of the galaxy appeals, that's a perfectly acceptable lifestyle choice in Y11k.

And if you do happen to donate copies of the story collections to the British Library, Thank you in advance. Smile

Hope this helps, Merry Christmas to you too, and once again - Welcome to OA!

Todd

Messages In This Thread
RE: Hello! Enjoying Orion's Arm again! - by Drashner1 - 12-27-2021, 01:06 AM