The Orion's Arm Universe Project Forums

greetings, people. greetings and salutations.
(07-08-2015, 07:47 AM)Drashner1 Wrote: Hi Travis, Welcome to OA!

One of the many hats I wear around here is editor of the OA ezine, Voices:Future Tense.

If you have any stories set in the OA universe that you'd like to do, I'd be very interested in discussing them with youSmile

Beyond that, if you have any questions or concerns regarding any aspect of the project or setting, please don't hesitate to ask. And like Rynn says, feel free to contribute to any existing threads or start new ones as the spirit moves you.

Cheers!

Todd

drashner1,

in the timeline of the OA, how many critical junctures would you say there are? for example, in actual history, i would say there is the bottleneck event/out of africa migration, the creation of agriculture (this is probably the single most important event in human history, and maybe always will be), the invention of writing, metalworking, the creation of trade networks in the ancient imperial era, the invention of the square sail array, the discovery of the new world, mass production, and the advent of the information network.

what would you say are the biggest (5-7 or so) of the junctures in the OA universe? the introduction of nanotech? the great first singularity? the great expulsion? first contact with xenosophance? i'd like to write about one of these events from the PoV of an 'everyman' character (although i don't like that term, it's weighted).

thanks for the help!
your praise is sweet

Messages In This Thread
RE: greetings, people. greetings and salutations. - by smithofbexar - 07-08-2015, 03:01 PM