The Orion's Arm Universe Project Forums

Copyright question- I hope this isn't as thorny as it feels...
Quote:Reevaluating the concept, I think there are definitely parts that could be reworked to actually fit in the EG- I've been fiddling with the idea of some early ahuman AIs stopping somewhere very far away, leaving later to avoid being caught up in the wave of Terragen expansion and leaving behind their 'toys' and perhaps some lesser intelligences; and that remnant being found much later by Terragens in the Periphery. I think it'd help flesh out the idea of the Light Speed Frontier.

That's the part of the idea that's probably fitting- the rest is an open cluster-spanning mini-empire in the early stages of forming a cluster brain with high archailect interest in modosophonts, which as I understand it is ground already well-tread by the Archosaurian Empire and to a lesser extent the Red Star 'M'Pire.

that "reworked idea" sounds fine to be in the setting...depending on timelines.
what was the original idea?

why not just write this as part of the OA setting ?

i'm not seeing what (in-setting/canon) reasons are preventing you from just making it part of the OA setting?

is the issue that you want some control over the idea that you don't think we're going to offer?
[Image: Gaylien1.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Copyright question- I hope this isn't as thorny as it feels... - by Worldtree - 10-14-2024, 12:28 AM