The Orion's Arm Universe Project Forums

Copyright question- I hope this isn't as thorny as it feels...
Hi - Welcome to the Forums!

I'm not entirely clear on what you're requesting/suggesting here so please consider this answer to be preliminary and subject to change as we learn more about what you're wanting to do.

If you are wanting to write up something for your own setting/project that includes concepts and/or terms from the OA universe, we have an attribution requirement/process that would most likely apply. Basically, you would have to include a statement somewhere that gives credit to the OAUP/OA setting for the relevant concepts/terms. Details on what that would look like would be something to discuss.

If you are wanting to write up something for the OA project/setting, but want to host it on your own computer/system while making it look like it is part of the EG that would not be acceptable.

If you are wanting to write up something for the OA project/setting, but want to host it as a Google Doc or the like on your computer/system and have links from the EG/OA website to it, that would not be acceptable.

If you are wanting to do something else that is totally different or partly different and I've misunderstood what you're asking, please say so and explain your idea further so we can properly consider it and how/if it might work with OA.

It would also help to have some idea of what you actually want to write up as an 'overambitious newbie project...etc.' so we can better judge for ourselves whether it is something we would be willing to help you attempt as a contribution to the setting (if that is the goal here).

Hope this helps,

Todd

Administrator - Orion's Arm Universe Project
Introverts of the World - Unite! Separately....In our own homes.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Copyright question- I hope this isn't as thorny as it feels... - by Drashner1 - 10-13-2024, 10:13 PM