The Orion's Arm Universe Project Forums

EG Redesign - Ideas and Suggestions?
(06-29-2024, 05:59 AM)Drashner1 Wrote: Something I would love love love - but don't know that a wiki can do it - is to make a timeline that we can take chunks of and insert into other pages - creating 'sub-timelines' in other articles - that are still linked back to the master timeline. So a change to the master is automatically reflected in all sub-timelines. I'm told this is possible and not all that hard, but it would need Trond to program it up. If a wiki could just do something like that baked in, I would be very impressed.

Todd

Sounds like the Template capability: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Help:A_qui..._templates

I'm not sure how that would work with only selecting scattered timeline entries of a particular topic, but contiguous segments could be templates all hosted in order on the main timeline page, like:

{{Information Age timeline}}
{{Interplanetary Age timeline}}
{{Solsys Golden Age timeline}}
etc.

Oh, and as for table of contents, MediaWiki wikis seem to generate them automatically, another advantage over the current system where they are tedious to create.

Messages In This Thread
RE: EG Redesign - Ideas and Suggestions? - by ProxCenBound - 06-29-2024, 06:36 AM