The Orion's Arm Universe Project Forums

Hello from a relatively new OA fan
Hello everyone. While I've known vaguely about OA and it's setting for about a year and a half now, I've only really gotten into it (mainly through the EG) from the start of this year. I've got a grasp of the absolute basics (toposophic levels, overall geopolitics, major events in the timeline such as the technocalypse, etc), but still have a lot to learn about the setting. However, it is already my favourite sci-fi setting by far, with the detail and hard science aspects of it being unmatched by anything else I've come across.

I'll probably remain relatively quiet on the forums for the near future while I become more familliar with OA, though I might be a little more active on discord. I probably won't contribute many ideas (and almost certainly won't attempt to add anything for at least a little while - I know too little), and I doubt that OA needs yet another natural garden world / planetary system that serves little purpose other than 'filler,' which are two of the things I find enjoyable and fufilling to create, as the geopolitics of interstellar empires seem way too complicated for me.

Anyways, loving the journey I'm on so far and can't wait to see what's in store.
Cursed with a lot of creativity and only minimal skill...

Messages In This Thread
Hello from a relatively new OA fan - by Optimoon - 04-24-2024, 10:58 PM