The Orion's Arm Universe Project Forums

Hi, new arrival needing some guidance
Okay, so no EG binge-reading then Big Grin

Well, I would say that for now, the most important piece of lore I have trouble to understand is AI gods (if it is their true names/concept). What are they actually, and how do they work in this universe ?

Also, I have a couple of ideas I have for the lore, I fleshed out these ideas for another sci-fi universe where humans are still not in space, but I am planning to include them in OA instead so I can use already made lore and contribute to this project. My oldest, most detailled idea is an alien species (xenosophont) called thermosaur, an invasive species moving from planet to planet with the starships of passerby. However, as it is also the most complicated idea I have and that you recommend to newcomers to avoid very large concepts from the start, the idea I could propose first is a list of all invasive species, biological or artificial, known by a single culture/star system, classed in an "Invasivity" scale. Not the actual list, though, more a description and story of the list like the page on the Encyclopedia Galactica itself. I feel like I will have to elaborate it somewhere in the Orion's Arm Universe section, but I am not sure in which one (setting discussions ?)

If I have other questions related to basics of OA, I will try to post them here.

And sorry for my English, it's not my first language and I could write approximative or even uncoherent phrases, or use "Frenchisms" like writing "langage" instead of "language".

Messages In This Thread
RE: Hi, new arrival needing some guidance - by Yoshivert555 - 12-31-2023, 12:44 AM