The Orion's Arm Universe Project Forums

Hey all! Idea attached.
(12-27-2023, 11:57 AM)HyperdrivePenguin Wrote: Hello!  I'm HyperdrivePenguin (the name is ironic), and I have an interest in hard sci-fi, as seen in this universe.  I was thinking of creating an alien species from a faraway galaxy, but I don't know how to get started on an article.  Does anybody know who I can talk to to get my bearings and figure out what is and isn't feasible?

Thank you in advance.

Well, I'd like to clarify that no, they aren't Terragen in scope.  They're a "spider" civilization, which values seeing all the universe has to offer and creating lots of art.  This means that they send out large numbers of craft to faraway destinations, but generally don't settle or really interact with the areas they cover.  They basically lay down daisy chains of wormholes back to their homeworld to remain in contact with their AI leaders, set up a few outposts for interacting with the local culture, and continue on.  That's why they've arrived from another galaxy; they didn't really concentrate on their own and just went out as far as they could.

Messages In This Thread
Hey all! Idea attached. - by HyperdrivePenguin - 12-27-2023, 11:57 AM
RE: Hey all! Idea attached. - by Worldtree - 12-27-2023, 01:23 PM
RE: Hey all! Idea attached. - by HyperdrivePenguin - 12-27-2023, 01:36 PM
RE: Hey all! Idea attached. - by Worldtree - 12-27-2023, 03:27 PM
RE: Hey all! Idea attached. - by Drashner1 - 12-27-2023, 11:56 PM