The Orion's Arm Universe Project Forums

Vs debate one homo superior vs X amount of delta force soldier
“bawksrafon” Wrote:I am just kind of curious, would a Homo superior have what it takes to be a superhuman, how scary would a army of them be. It one of most cohesive human upgrades I seen in fiction that seems both subtle, aka not a mass of nano bots, versatile and physics sound.

Is there any stories that give a good idea of what Homo superior are about.

The first point is that superiors might be more capable of figuring out ways to not need an army of themselves in the first place. They might be far better at diplomacy , or at least capable of reaching the level slightly better than the best human diplomats
Secondly, by the time superiors exist, around the time of the technocolypse (as far as I know) killbots and Warbots are well developed enough that those would do much of the fighting anyway so even if the superiors were twice as fast or as strong as a human soldier , they’d still be outclassed by the bots in many ways. But a mixed group of superiors and Warbots would presumably be far superior than a mixed group of humans and bots. I’m not familiar enough to know how much better, exactly.

You can see some dynamics of Warbots and superiors in the story “reclamation” by macgregor

https://www.orionsarm.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=4373

in the creative writing forum - still in development/final editing stages , but as I’ve mentioned in that thread, it could use better examples of homo superior skills being demonstrated. It is very hard to write intelligent characters 2x smarter than you, though

Messages In This Thread
RE: Vs debate one homo superior vs X amount of delta force soldier - by Worldtree - 09-18-2023, 11:27 AM