The Orion's Arm Universe Project Forums

Hey! You! Yeah, You! What do you do?
I think there are certain professions that have an overinflated reputation as being the sole province of smart people. I've met plenty of really dumb scientists. The thing is about science is that it's really formulaic: the level of creativity, memorisation, dedication etc are not hugely different to many other professions.
OA Wish list:
  1. DNI
  2. Internal medical system
  3. A dormbot, because domestic chores suck!
(02-11-2016, 04:00 AM)Rynn Wrote: I'm halfway through a four year PhD in bionanotech (which is a very broad label I know but easiest way to describe it). I'm working on a biopolymer implant that would release nanocarriers which in turn carry antibiotics. The implant is intended for prophylactic treatment in artificial joint surgery (which can get very messy, painful and expensive if an infection arises).

You know - this is the exact plot of the F. Paul Wilson book Implant. Only in Implant, it was used by a plastic surgeon for....more reasons... than delivering antibiotics.

As for me, I'm a former tenured (ten-yeared) undergrad student with three associate degrees and two bachelor's degrees, a former video rental store owner, former draftsman, former IT technician, former IT service company owner, former reporter, former database administrator, former instrumentation technician, current aerospace test engineer.....that really, really wants to call himself a writer.
At the moment I make art and design work
Hi, i study a degree in biology. In Madrid, Spain.