The Orion's Arm Universe Project Forums

Hello from Ayin
Hi, we're Ayin! We're a non-binary (they/them) multiple system (multiple personalities). We're an author and occasional poet, mostly producing literotica for the furry fandom, but we've self-published scifi short stories via social media as well!!
Hi There - Welcome to OA Smile

Please feel free to join in on any discussions that take your interest or to start some new ones if there's something you'd like to discuss that we aren't at the moment.

If you have any questions or concerns about the OA setting or the wider project as a whole, please don't hesitate to ask. We are happy to answer questions, although we prefer that people who've been here a while try to find the answer in the EG/website first, if possible.

If you are not already a member, OA also has a discord server that is mainly used for more casual conversations and early article development (all new article submissions must eventually go through the forum, however).

Ok, I think that covers everything for now. Hope this helps and once again - Welcome to OA!

Todd
Introverts of the World - Unite! Separately....In our own homes.
(04-03-2024, 12:05 PM)Ayin Wrote: We're a non-binary (they/them) multiple system (multiple personalities).
Ooh, you're roleplaying. That's cool Big Grin
(09-21-2024, 11:01 PM)DSPE Wrote:
(04-03-2024, 12:05 PM)Ayin Wrote: We're a non-binary (they/them) multiple system (multiple personalities).

I don't think they are.
Yes Worldtree, I see your Rainbow  Rainbow Alien
Welcome to OA! It is nice that you already have some writing experience! Don't feel pressured to contribute, but literary skills are very useful if you wish to help. But it is fine if you just want to look around. Either way, hope you enjoy your time here! ^.^

P.S. I don't mean to be rude, just curious, but as a system should I have said "y'all" instead? I ask this because I noticed the usage of "we." Sorry if this is an awkward question, I just want to be accurate.
Yes Worldtree, I see your Rainbow  Rainbow Alien
(09-22-2024, 01:57 AM)MiyuwiAuthor Wrote:
(09-21-2024, 11:01 PM)DSPE Wrote:

I don't think they are.
Oop, sorry! I thought they were when they mentioned "multiple system", as if they were roleplaying as a different kind of sophont.
(09-22-2024, 11:29 AM)DSPE Wrote:
(09-22-2024, 01:57 AM)MiyuwiAuthor Wrote:
(09-21-2024, 11:01 PM)DSPE Wrote: Ooh, you're roleplaying. That's cool Big Grin

I don't think they are.
Oop, sorry! I thought they were when they mentioned "multiple system", as if they were roleplaying as a different kind of sophont.

I figured I'll write this to try to summarize what I know about this subject for anyone unfamiliar and curious (and I hope this doesn't end up being erroneous).

When you travel the world, internet or real life, you may run into people who identify as "plural", a system of multiple individuals sharing one physical brain, as opposed to a "singlet", one person inside one brain. I believe this is usually known medically as dissociative identity disorder, and is a very real thing that happens in unmodified baseline humans that exist today.
(09-22-2024, 02:52 PM)AstroChara Wrote:
(09-22-2024, 11:29 AM)DSPE Wrote:
(09-22-2024, 01:57 AM)MiyuwiAuthor Wrote: I don't think they are.

I figured I'll write this to try to summarize what I know about this subject for anyone unfamiliar and curious (and I hope this doesn't end up being erroneous).

When you travel the world, internet or real life, you may run into people who identify as "plural", a system of multiple individuals sharing one physical brain, as opposed to a "singlet", one person inside one brain. I believe this is usually known medically as dissociative identity disorder, and is a very real thing that happens in unmodified baseline humans that exist today.

I did not know. Sorry! (To Ayin as well.)

Hopefully, I didn't offend anyone.

(Should I delete that post?)
(Should I delete that post?)

no you're fine
[Image: Gaylien1.png]