The Orion's Arm Universe Project Forums

I believe that introductions are in order
Information 
 Hello, to whoever is reading this.
 I’m new to this forum (literally; I registered today), but not so much the OAUP’s canon, because I’ve followed the website for a little over a year, now.
 My earliest recollection of the website is from a reference made to it by a friend, who had, at the time, been world-building a science-fiction project of their own. I didn’t understand a thing at the time, and much like Dungeons and Dragons’ mechanics, or publications by Springer and Elsevier, it left me feeling quite scientifically illiterate.
 However, when I had to visit the website for my own world-building project, five months ago, I first encountered the sophonce scale of singularity levels, and—as a freshly-minted initiate into both intuitive spirituality, as well as physics—fell in love at first sight. I found myself, soon enough, also perusing the website’s index of technologies, strategies, and (most pertinently), civilisations. The latter was the event which convinced me to engage in science-fiction-themed role-play in earnest: I haven’t looked back since, and it’s been a wild ride.
 I do intend to properly contribute my own submissions (pending approval) to the official website, because I have WIP ideas and concepts which don’t quite fit anywhere in my ‘verse, but may be appropriate and relevant to the OAUP’s canon. My favourite aspect and nuance of the OAUP is, arguably, the great(est) archai.
Hi There - Welcome to OA!

Please feel free to join in on any discussions that may grab your interest or to start new ones if there's something you'd like to talk about that we aren't discussing at the moment. Also, please feel free to ask any questions you may have about the setting or the wider Orion's Arm project. If you're looking to do more informal conversations around OA, there is also an OA Discord available.

We're always happy to consider new ideas and articles. As a starting point for that we recommend first posting a 'plain language' proposal/summary/bulleted list/whatever of what you want to write up to the General Setting Discussion sub-forum. From there we can discuss how it might or might not work in the setting, details, modifications, expansions, etc. Once the concept itself has been generally worked out, you can move on to writing the actual article itself, posted to the Encyclopedia Galactica sub-forum. For details on how that works and the contribution process more generally, please see the How to Contribute pages and the Terms and Conditions page.

A solid rule of thumb whenever discussing/contributing or reading the linked pages above: When in doubt, don't be afraid to ask questions and get clarification on how things work and what something may actually mean. On the flip side, while we are happy to answer questions, we generally expect folks to eventually be comfortable enough with the EG to go out and do their own research on what may already be there before asking us about it. But that's usually after someone has been active here for some months, so don't worry about asking too many questions early on. Smile

Hope this helps and once again - Welcome to OA! Big Grin

Todd
Introverts of the World - Unite! Separately....In our own homes.
Welcome!
[Image: Gaylien1.png]