The Orion's Arm Universe Project Forums

The Orville
(08-06-2018, 05:37 PM)terranova210486 Wrote: What do you hope to see in Season 2?

Additional loving parodies of Star Trek episodes and cliches.
Mike Miller, Materials Engineer
----------------------

"Everbody's always in favor of saving Hitler's brain, but when you put it in the body of a great white shark, oh, suddenly you've gone too far." -- Professor Farnsworth, Futurama
The Orville is basically Seth McFarlane saying "I'll make my own Star Trek, only with hookers and tequila!"

Generally my opinion of Seth McFarlane is that I don't like him, and if I met him in real life, I'd step on the back of his shoe so that his foot comes out a little bit.....
...But I love The Orville.
What do you think of Season 2 so far?
(01-09-2019, 02:44 PM)terranova210486 Wrote: What do you think of Season 2 so far?

Episode 1 was a bit slow, though it did answer my question of how a race only urinates once per year. Smile

Episode 2 was fun: a classic Trek morale quandary and life-or-death situation.
Mike Miller, Materials Engineer
----------------------

"Everbody's always in favor of saving Hitler's brain, but when you put it in the body of a great white shark, oh, suddenly you've gone too far." -- Professor Farnsworth, Futurama
Not checked out the season 2 yet, but the race that urinates once per year just piqued my interest. haha
(01-10-2019, 11:10 PM)Cray Wrote:
(01-09-2019, 02:44 PM)terranova210486 Wrote: What do you think of Season 2 so far?

Episode 1 was a bit slow, though it did answer my question of how a race only urinates once per year. Smile

Episode 2 was fun: a classic Trek morale quandary and life-or-death situation.
What did you think of Episode 3?
The next season is delayed, but still happening. I found some episodes unwatchable--one planet was basically modern Earth with social media, and another was astrology unconvincingly done. And the one with the time-accelerated planet and somebody becomes a goddess, I just knew how that would turn out, and didn't bother watching it. Other episodes were more fun than the recent Star Treks.