Image from Wyrmshadow
- Cableville - Text by Liam Jones
Vast Topopolis (Macaroni world) affiliated with the MPA.
- Callisto (Sol V-iv) - Text by M. Alan Kazlev
Major moon of Jupiter (Sol V).
- Calyx - Text by Steve Bowers, with suggestions by Michael Zimmet
World with a culture of song and flight
- Camiroi - Text by M. Alan Kazlev
Minor Negentropist world, host to the Borupist Government in Exile who claim to be the rulers of Morpheo A + B and indeed the entire Paradigm volume, and are viewed as harmless and irrelevant eccentrics by the locals.
- Canberra Orbital - Text by Steve Bowers
Communion of Worlds megastructure used for training empath arbitrators.
- Capella - Text by M. Alan Kazlev
Multiple star system containing in total 9 stars in the constellation Auriga, about 43 light years from Sol. The two brightest stars in Capella are a binary star system. Long populated by a variety of exotic clades and hyperturings, Capella became the capital of an important regional polity in the wake of the ComEmp break-up.
- Cavy Australis - Text by M. Alan Kazlev
Planet where the Institute of Ruffa Geometry attacked the Network of Temp-logic with antimatter weaponry 9365.
- Cenote - Text by Steve Bowers
Postgaian world with a carbon-rich crust, extensive limestone karst landscapes and cave systems.
- Cephalotopia - Text by James Rogers
Utopia Sphere world of which features both provolved, baseline, and lazurogened cephalopods of all kinds, including some 214,000 species of authentic and quasi-authentic Triassic goniatites.
- Ceres Mater - Text by Mark Ryherd
An early Keterist colony populated by the nanocyborg Clade Columbia-Bartlebel emigrating from Ceres.
- Chaihuea-Eridani system - Text by Aaron Hamilton
Red dwarf system near Sol: former member of the Eridanus league.
- Chameleon - Text by M. Alan Kazlev
YTS-43522-438793494-0004. Resource-poor red dwarf located in upper spinwards STC. The star lacks planets and is named after a famous and peculiar artifact that orbits it, The Chameleon.
- Charybdis - Text by Anders Sandberg
LTT 17897 III; a carbonaceous planetoid orbiting the dim M4 star LTT 17897. Notable for the signs of massive nanofacturing on the surface, tentatively dated as the 27th century.
- Chi-1 Orionis - Text by Espen Antonsen
28ly from Sol; Home to the Organic Ascension Alliance, a bionanotech/godtech habitat-based civilisation.
- Chibootis - Text by M. Alan Kazlev
Home of the Free Eschatology and Cosmology Institute.
- Chiri - Text by Steve Bowers
Beta Canum Venaticorum III, target of a slow Generation Ship mission
- Chonga - Text by M. Alan Kazlev
Newly rich outer sphere world, important regional center, linked to main wormhole nexus. Popular with a number of clades, including young House Stevens radicals disillusioned with "House Ridgewell".
- Chorus - Text by Stephen Inniss
Homeworld of the xenosophont provolves the Jade Chime Singers.
- Church-Turing (world) - Text by M. Alan Kazlev
Important Metasoft world.
- Chuvaev - Text by M. Alan Kazlev
Newly rich developing outer sphere world, important regional center, linked to main wormhole nexus. Popular with a number of clades, including young House Stevens radicals disillusioned with "House Ridgewell".
- Clienta Johannis - Text by M. Alan Kazlev
Important NoCoZo system.
- Clive's Brain - Text by Steve Bowers
Cybyotan world in the Vela-Puppis border periphery. The alien Cybyotan phylum of interconnected mobile and sessile autotrophs and heterotrophs has on this planet developed a single shared datasphere which is home to a single entity, known as Clive.
- Cocac - Text by M. Alan Kazlev
Seat of the Wormhole Cooperation Assembly of the Sagittarius Transcultural Cooperation.
- Cog - Text by M. Alan Kazlev
BD +25°4085, Capital of the Silicon Generation. Surrounded by a partial Dyson swarm.
- Continuance - Text by M. Alan Kazlev
Important Metasoft world.
- Conver Ky - Text by M. Alan Kazlev
37 Geminorum I; Capital of the Conver Ambi up until the Conver War.
- Copernicus - Text by Steve Bowers
Inner Sphere G8 star with a red dwarf companion at 1200 AU. The non-aligned system is 41 light years from Sol. Danzig is the second planet.
- Corona (Iota Piscium I ) - Text by Anders Sandberg
Former capital of the Taurus Nexus; now an important academic world.
- Crustuse - Text by Anders Sandberg
Potted Planet, Kokok IX (Keter). The rest of the system has been converted into dense computronium matrices surrounding or orbiting through the star, but the involved entities (collectively calling themselves the Convection of all Kokokyn) also terraformed an outer world, covering it with a lush biosphere inhabited by over 45 different provolved species. It is sometimes called the Zoo by insensitive people.
- Cumulous - Text by Todd Drashner
Saturn like jovian notable for its floating balloon cities.
- Cygnus OB2-12 - Text by Steve Bowers
Massive, brilliant young star in Cygnus
- Cygnus X-1 - Text by Steve Bowers
High mass X-ray binary star system 5984 ly from Sol.
- Cyrus - Text by Mike Miller
Outer Volumes colony, home of the Wind Cave of Cyrus
- Cythera - Text by M. Alan Kazlev
HD 190771 I; a popular Inner Sphere tourist attraction renowned for its biological products and ecotechnology institutes.
- Daedalus I - Text by Anders Sandberg
(Pi3 Orionis) Indonesian colony, lost to a second order perversion.
- Daedalus II - Text by Anders Sandberg and M. Alan Kazlev
(Zeta1 Reticuli III) Terraformed Paludial Gaian world, declared off-limits to transapients since the Empires Era.
- Daffy - Text by Anders Sandberg
Psi Serpentis II. Negentropist world named after the trickster duck in classic mythology.
- Dante - Text by Steve Bowers
A tidally locked yet habitable world.
- Danzig - Text by Steve Bowers
Terraformed moon of Copernicus f, an independent Inner Sphere world.
- Darwin (Delta Pavonis IV) - Text by M. Alan Kazlev and Anders Sandberg
Inner Sphere world with a primitive xenoecology.
- Darwinia - Text by M. Alan Kazlev
Planet in NuiHibbert Sector, Zoeific Biopolity.
- Dashwood - Text by M. Alan Kazlev
Local trade and cultural world, Centauri sector.
- Delta Hynkarion II - Text by Anders Sandberg
World with nanecologies designed by Wpali Wn, a former MPA biotect AI teaming up with the solarist architects of the Long Lake Society in 6444. It is also a popular tourist attraction as it is home to "the Monster", a mobile organic conglomerate of several such ecologies
- Delta Pavonis - Text by M. Alan Kazlev
Class G8IV star 19.9 light years from Sol; the planetary system contains Darwin, a Eogaian world now terraformed and the gas giants Wallace and Huxley.
- Delta Upali C/D II - Text by John M. Dollan
Home system for the Hamilton Institute of Exopaleontology.
- Denebola - Text by M. Alan Kazlev, modified by Steve Bowers
A-Class star 36 light years from Sol Important Virginis Combine amat centre, before being taken over by an unusual blight and suffering hyperbolic collapse.
- Denebola Incident - Text by Anders Sandberg
An exploration management AI from TakiCorb went renegade and began to build its own empire using replicating nanites in the Denebola system. Somewhere the programming complexity became too large and the AI broke down; the system is still inhabited by a vital and weird nanotech ecology.
- Deucalion - Text by Steve Bowers
Mars-lke world with a rich artistic culture.
- Dewheat - Text by M. Alan Kazlev
Tolerant middle regions Sophic League system, home to a number of colonies of different and often very eccentric clades, including the Anahats, the Sing++3, the Ventermaths, and others like the Temverts who have arrived to escape assumed or feared persecution.
- Dilmun - Text by TSSL
Metasoft Baseline Reserve world in Gemini.
- Dionysos (Psi5 Aurigae II) - Text by Anders Sandberg and M. Alan Kazlev
A terraformed world in the Inner Sphere where the Erotocracy movement began.
- Diwali - Text by Steve Bowers
Eta Cassiopeia AbI: parental vec world.
- Djed - Text by Todd Drashner
Eta Sagittarii - Mutual Progress Association capital. Known for its rotovators.
- Doreen/Doreens - Text by Stephen Inniss, expanded and amended from original material by Anders Sandberg
Chlorine world, former home of the extinct Doreens.
- Dorminy IV - Text by M. Alan Kazlev
Important NoCoZo system.
- Dorranok - Text by Steve Bowers
(GL 877) k class dwarf 28.1 ly from Sol; ancient capital of the Doran Empire. Dorranok was originally a domed colony, covering most of this Hermian class world. Joined the Solar Dominion in 3890. In the aftermath of the Version War, Dorranok joined the Terran Federation. The world is now covered by a specialised canopy plant environment.
- Dragon (world) - Text by M. Alan Kazlev
EuJovian Type planet in the Penglai system - inhabited by Mirrored Owl swarm-nets Advection of Pure Drylines during the 4000's
- Druidworld - Text by Jorge Ditchkenberg
Historical recreation world with massive megalithic monuments
- Drummon Duran - Text by M. Alan Kazlev
An important regional Negentropist system in the Centauri Sector. Overrun in the Version War but recovered. Later captured by the Paradigm and converted to a major industrial centre. Since recaptured and rebuilt. Known for its war museum and memorial, and for a thriving trade in war artefacts.
- Dschubba - Text by Steve Bowers
Dschubba : quadruple star system in Scorpio
- Duibbiyat - Text by M. Alan Kazlev
Late First federation orbital habitat, SolSys. Colonists from this habitat founded New Duibbiyat
Text by Orion's Arm Editors
Initially published on 31 December 2007.